Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, KNP said:

Looks like the start of a race, need to give Jimmy a chequered flag!!!!

Erm... that would be the finish.

Sir S. Moss (dec'd)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

The King has been tweaked...…..!

FF4294AD-CD1F-40BB-A6F8-648CADFFAB01.jpeg.ff03fd42698603b296bc77c4479226ea.jpeg

Name changed, new cab handrail added that got rid of that large bent wire effort and the spare lamp brackets replaced with new brass ones.

Talking of lamp brackets

I have these left over after using all the GWR ones, I know there are one or two of you out there that model something other than the Great Western but if anyone want's these then PM with details and I will send them to you.

IMG_1376.jpg.ad060755e5bcf3ee9f10e5f9180a0917.jpg

Otherwise they just sit in my spares box and eventually I will have a tidy up and throw them anyway......

Edit

Brackets have found a new home.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

On 01/05/2020 at 06:20, KNP said:

The King has been tweaked...…..!

Name changed, new cab handrail added that got rid of that large bent wire effort and the spare lamp brackets replaced with new brass ones.

Talking of lamp brackets

I have these left over after using all the GWR ones, I know there are one or two of you out there that model something other than the Great Western but if anyone want's these then PM with details and I will send them to you.

Otherwise they just sit in my spares box and eventually I will have a tidy up and throw them anyway......

Edit

Brackets have found a new home.

I would trade you for my frets with the SR/LSWR route indicator mounts or lamp irons removed but sending bundles to Britain these days has become rather complicated.  You would probably have to pay the VAT on them as they came to me VAT-free.  I stopped modeling the GWR at Brixham in 2009 and switched to the SR at Padstow.  I do have some SR family roots. 

I fondly remember Mainly Trains. They were my go-to supplier for 90% of my non-RTR purchases between 1985 and about 2014.  Dave Cleal (spelling?) was always gracious and helpful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

You should never model a model, but here’s my Hall for comparison.  I regret that I have to agree with Phil.  The valves appear to be too far outboard, I think they should be tucked up under the hanging plate.

image.jpeg.ddb370858e67d06c58ae98b5facb5e8e.jpeg

atb

Simon

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I vote for the platform conversation with Porter Bisketts - the lad might be learning something important about railways. He would be just over 90 by now, and perhaps reads this chronicle!

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I vote for the platform conversation with Porter Bisketts - the lad might be learning something important about railways. He would be just over 90 by now, and perhaps reads this chronicle!

Spooky.....

• Friendly/supportive 1

There they are standing and waiting....

2845.JPG.f2dcb982cc8adeb3262d048c5b1cc817.JPG

Slight departure from the norm on this one.

No post focus rather the camera on aperture setting 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Archive picture....I've few of these that will pop up now and then!

Lovely close coupling there between King & train.  Looks great. (But then again, there aren't any curves on your main line are there!)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, checkrail said:

Lovely close coupling there between King & train.  Looks great. (But then again, there aren't any curves on your main line are there!)

True....

I let you into a secret, the King has no coupling loop as it is a static display.

The carriages sort of rolled into it when I set the picture up!!!!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

1 minute ago, KNP said:

True....

I let you into a secret, the King has no coupling loop as it is a static display.

The carriages sort of rolled into it when I set the picture up!!!!

Photo trickery, bet you use lighting as well and those trains are really models.

• Like 2
  • Funny 4