Little Muddle

KNP

Just now, Mick Bonwick said:

I like the idea of several people standing around. I was too young in those days ( -10 or so) to remember this type of scene, but I like the look of it.

Thanks.

What I find is that we tend to forget that even in the 30's labour was plentiful and most work was done using muscle power so work gangs would involve a lot of men.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Please meet farmer Giles sitting on his patio, he's having a quick check on the horses before heading off into town.

Idea forming after this picture about say a cup of tea, perhaps some biscuits on a plate or another paper on the table.......

So he has the News Chronicle and Sporting Life delivered! 

And, anent refreshments, a tea-boy is missing in the shed-door tableau!

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Kevin, I have just shown the latest picture to my wife and her first reaction was why are you showing me this, when I explained that it was a model she was amazed. She the spent some time looking at all the small details which make the scene so realistic.

Saying well done is not really enough.

Brian.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, KNP said:

The last figure that has been painted is one that I have been waiting for Modelu to do for a while, or at least someone I can adapt to suit the requirement I had.

Please meet farmer Giles sitting on his patio, he's having a quick check on the horses before heading off into town.

Idea forming after this picture about say a cup of tea, perhaps some biscuits on a plate or another paper on the table.......

I'd suggest something would add some 'balance' to the cameo. Whether refreshments (muggertee or a glass of something?) a second paper/part of one, attache case and umbrella or overcoat or maybe just a hat? Does he have a cat or dog, to play the faithful four legged friend? (In anticipation of a tickle round the ears, walk or biscuit)...

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 08/09/2020 at 18:43, KNP said:

The last figure that has been painted is one that I have been waiting for Modelu to do for a while, or at least someone I can adapt to suit the requirement I had.

3101.jpg.ad3ef590bd73c73d6bc614ba2233c32f.jpg

He might be thinking "I must get that chair that's propped up against the wall fixed. I kept telling 'er in doors that she oughta watch 'er weight ...."  ;)

• Funny 10

On 08/09/2020 at 14:33, 88C said:

Kevin, I have just shown the latest picture to my wife and her first reaction was why are you showing me this, when I explained that it was a model she was amazed. She the spent some time looking at all the small details which make the scene so realistic.

Saying well done is not really enough.

Brian.

My wife was the same, she is amazed how detailed we can now get!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Don’t worry they have turned.

Seems they had gone for a spin down the line, they hadn’t gone far as they didn’t have any....body.....to go with!

The old ones are the best ones?

674918B5-0BF3-4478-8380-922A7ECEC184.jpeg.7931fd0c1a7860c53df04866e393d5f8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10