Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, KNP said:

And at long last I have actually got around to not only ordering but getting some noticeboards.

I was going to make some awhile back but then Scalemodelscenery came out with some nice ones so here they are....eventually

Just used half of them for now

3190.jpg.98f6480d583d8c034176f75f77e5d525.jpg

3191.jpg.16f141bf75b6650e500b44fbc2e8bc88.jpg

3192.jpg.e54da0a821c9e7351590981a0bf7e675.jpg

Think I might added a paving slab to in the grass by the last one as it looks wrong at present.

(also need to sort the cobweb out be the telegraph pole!)

The posters come with the kit, very smart - normal disclosure - just a very satisfied customer.

May I suggest that the sign be made freestanding as signs that àre fixed to private properties, as this appears to be, would have  have  to pay a fee to the property owner. Unless of course the house belonged to the signs owner.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Seeing as my layout is set near the GW/LNW joint line, I have used that as an excuse to have wagons from the LMS and its constituents. 

Many wagons are good, more must be better.

I was always told by a good mate of mine that you can NEVER have to many Wagons, Mind you he said the same about Locos and extra Sidings as well.:mosking:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, KNP said:

'Right then ladies, what can I do for you?'

'Nice piece of rump?'

'A selection of bangers?'

'How about some bacon?'

'What it'll be, ladies this could be your lucky day.....!

3194.jpg.10e917cddf7b7cc9c72d0b1827d600df.jpg 

Who would like to try my Sausage?

• Funny 7

3 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Two things, neither of which will be met with universal approval, I'm sure. 

The shed door being still out of place gives every reason for leaving that splendid crane alongside. The re-location project is a work in progress, and so can be a sort of timeless cameo. 

Wagons. I model Southern in the South West, and as you have lots of lovely GW wagons, so I have a great preponderance of SR wagons. It was never so. The whole point of a wagon was to move something from here to there. Thus we should all have a much greater percentage of "foreign" vehicles, representing the import of goods to our area from other parts of the country. I need, and suggest Little Muddle does, a much bigger presence from other members of the Big Four, or at least from the LMS and LNER, as SR didn't have as great an "export" business. Learned folk on here will tell us a percentage by Company, but even a few more of each would add credibility.

Just a couple of thoughts.

The cameo scene with the shed door will remain, every now and then you might see a train whizz past with a similar looking crane in tow on the main line.....!

Regarding the wagons, totally agree and this is being addressed with hopefully some arriving for Christmas and I might just order some beforehand as I thoroughly enjoyed making these kits.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Olddudders. That was precisely my excuse for obtaining a bunch of LMS and a few LNER wagons.

But you have laid out the argument in such an erudite and convincing manner, I think I will have to copy it down as a defence against any negative comments that the domestic authorities may have on the subject of too many wagons.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Wagons. I model Southern in the South West, and as you have lots of lovely GW wagons, so I have a great preponderance of SR wagons. It was never so. The whole point of a wagon was to move something from here to there. Thus we should all have a much greater percentage of "foreign" vehicles, representing the import of goods to our area from other parts of the country. I need, and suggest Little Muddle does, a much bigger presence from other members of the Big Four, or at least from the LMS and LNER, as SR didn't have as great an "export" business. Learned folk on here will tell us a percentage by Company, but even a few more of each would add credibility.

The percentages were written up once, possibly by David Jenkinson or Don Rowland, but in my decrepitude I can't remember where or when.

Plenty more useless information available on request.

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, KNP said:

2251 backed up for coaling, removed the crane and timber so the camera could sit there and get this different angle.

That's splendid. I can't find fault with that anywhere. I'll keep looking, though . . . . . . . . .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, KNP said:

Cranes back.....!

Or just using some up from the archive?

3187.jpg.274246d93ffb584ad7a7398e43d6c202.jpg

3188.jpg.1da5d3072fb9471cd7290fb46d0c1e77.jpg

3189.jpg.7d4faaec6c19bd0ebcfaa442e3b7c959.jpg

Great photos but those gentlemen do not fill me with much confidence that that door will be back in place anytime soon.  

Their bearing just oozes the tempo of Little Muddle.  

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1