Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

We don’t often see close up details of this side of Little Muddle station. Your platform surface looks very realistic and textured but no visible joins, did you use scalescenes textures?  I’m also curious to know what GWR were advertising in Wolverhampton on the notice board !

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

We don’t often see close up details of this side of Little Muddle station. Your platform surface looks very realistic and textured but no visible joins, did you use scalescenes textures?  I’m also curious to know what GWR were advertising in Wolverhampton on the notice board !

Thanks

The slabs are Scalescenes glued down and the cut to form individual ones with a grey wash of various shades applied to tone down.

The dark grey platform surface is silver sand glued into the card base and when dry a further layer of watered down PVA applied to fill in some of the gaps. the whole lot was then painted in Vallejo greys and dry brush with a very light grey.

As for the sign well, it looked nice, was colourful and but in reality  the Station Master brought it with him when he moved down here.....!!!!.....???

• Informative/Useful 9

On 01/11/2020 at 11:28, KNP said:

Cold

This was another cakebox challenge one but where I played around with snow....I also have an idea to build a winter themed layout - one day, you never know!

This also never saw the light of day....!

C33a.jpg.45d1ae5748090c5213b54811d3a023f9.jpg

C21.jpg.81d1177654fd4713b3e9c701fefdabea.jpg

C24.jpg.f9091b7e2f7d7b6d19f12cd075cb405c.jpg

With my friends loco on it

CL7.jpg.ca839c995821682fb6584f74eed8c2b8.jpg

On 01/11/2020 at 11:28, KNP said:

Cold

This was another cakebox challenge one but where I played around with snow....I also have an idea to build a winter themed layout - one day, you never know!

This also never saw the light of day....!

C33a.jpg.45d1ae5748090c5213b54811d3a023f9.jpg

C21.jpg.81d1177654fd4713b3e9c701fefdabea.jpg

C24.jpg.f9091b7e2f7d7b6d19f12cd075cb405c.jpg

With my friends loco on it

CL7.jpg.ca839c995821682fb6584f74eed8c2b8.jpg

Just superb. Best snow scene I've ever seen.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

That angle makes the background buildings look very imposing. I'm guessing that they are actually only part relief?

Thanks.

I find the lower the camera angle the more real a picture looks as it is nearer to what we see when standing.

Full in focus picture helps as well.

The buildings are part relief being the cottages of Cathcott Field and factory/shop of the boot works.

What caught my eye was the roof line of various heights and loads of chimneys, it is nice to see the end result as you saw it in your minds eye when first designing it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

35 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

And that's the way secondary railways were and are. One spends a great deal more time stooging about awaiting a train than watching one!

It certainly applies on LM.

But that might be because most of the rolling stock is packed away in storage boxes!!!!!

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

6 hours ago, KNP said:

Sometimes a picture, like the layout, evolves as you can't always see what could be done until you have something to look at....

It's exactly the same way with a drawing or painting, once you get going with it you realise that you have created more than you intended. That's the difference between something that just works and feeling like there's something missing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

I wonder why the upstairs loo window was blocked up over the pub!  We don’t often see your attention to external guttering and plumbing - nothing skimped - but I feel sorry for the pub tenants on a hot.day!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

That top window looks like the photographer has deliberately blurred the image where that window is.

What did he capture that he does not want us to see?

Little Muddle Window.jpg

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

That top window looks like the photographer has deliberately blurred the image where that window is.

What did he capture that he does not want us to see?

Don't start him off otherwise the car number plates and faces will be next !

• Funny 7