Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

The landlord has obviously installed that most modern of appliances, an indoors toilet, and upstairs to boot! (See the waste pipe.)

Now, as we all know, the cistern has to be mounted as high on the wall as possible to produce a really powerful flush when you pull the chain.

So the window was rather an inconvenience (sic) and had to be blocked up, erm, hopefully unlike the toilet...

Aihthangyaw.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

The landlord has obviously installed that most modern of appliances, an indoors toilet, and upstairs to boot! (See the waste pipe.)

Now, as we all know, the cistern has to be mounted as high on the wall as possible so that when you pull the chain you get a really powerful flush.

So the window was rather an inconvenience (sic) and had to be blocked up, erm, hopefully unlike the toilet...

Aihthangyaw.

BE70259D-DA28-4C28-83A1-F60AA1E751F2.jpeg.04609ade3360bb5062559e1542a8305d.jpeg

• Funny 10

With the crane finished I was looking for my next project to work on and lo and behold it all arrived today....!

More lobster pots to do - 18 of the darlings

Boxes that I am going to adapt as fish ones...!

2 'foreign' wagons

Coopercraft cattle wagon

IMG_2247.jpg.5d9a30edb982a4ad5498d67817686abe.jpg

I plan a few more 'foreign' ones and I know some are arriving on the 25th Dec....how do I know well, unless my son has suddenly taken up model railways after all these years, a box arrived yesterday for him from Cambrian models with hopefully some more in (I did give him the website link so I got the right ones!!) and I took delivery of it from the postman!?!?!

Fingers crossed that he didn't order an empty box just to throw me of the scent.....

Now with regard to my two 'foreign' ones - I am going to have to do some research what is LMS grey when its at home...!!!!

The other issue is - lacking little knowledge of LMS wagons not sure if I have ordered the wrong Fish Van as it looks like it might have been built in 1941......can't look in my GWR Goods Wagons book to check on this one......might have to be creative!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

LMS Grey is lighter than GWR Grey!

Good luck with the foreign wagons.

Its a shame the Coopercraft GWR cattle wagon isn't produced these days. I have 2 which are lovely wagons.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

Kevin

You are right this diagram d.2059 was built 1941 and I suspect was never grey, but bauxite.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

Could I convert it to an older model?

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

IIRC,  the LMS switch to bauxite livery came around 1938. The wagon may be from three years later but you may apply rule 1 if required.

One direction I was thinking of and I like the idea of a bauxite colour as it will totally different to most of my GW ones...

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, KNP said:

One direction I was thinking of and I like the idea of a bauxite colour as it will totally different to most of my GW ones...

Hopefully someone who knows his LMS wagons may be able to tell you how to backdate it if not an entirely new design. I have a few wagons in bauxite for the same reason.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Let me stress that I am no LMS expert but I do have the Essery books on LMS wagons.

In terms of converting it, the kit does look rather similar to a number of other LMS vans some of which will be early enough for LM

This is a 1928 d.1885 6T fish van from Cambrian kit C87:

SJPPA09001102201009.jpg.c4f4b9173faa0401814ea13c0ec49a3c.jpg

The door arrangement looks very similar but the ventilators might be difficult!

Tony

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Having looked at the Essery book I'd say that there are several earlier (1930's) LMS diagrams that look remarkably similar to the kit you have acquired and whilst they may be general goods vans rather than fish specifically, they ought to be achievable from what you have. (But they might not convince an LMS purist!).

Tony

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks for that info Tony, that gives me a direction to go in.

I feel a Bauxite coloured conversion coming on but first I plan to finish the lobster pots and crates so the harbour area can be sorted......keep going off on tangents!!!

• Friendly/supportive 3