Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, cliff park said:

You mentioned using the Lydia Eva as a model for parts of your boats, I was driving through Great Yarmouth this morning and drove past her moored up in the river. Thought you might like these pictures.

Lydia Eva 1.jpg

Lydia Eva 2.jpg

Who's Lyida?????

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The room measures just over 8ft square, it's our former 4th bedroom so a nice and warm centrally heated room that I don't have to go outdoors to visit.....and all amenities are close to hand as well!

This is the plan, not quite right now but was included in the BRM layout article of Oct '17.

IMG_3445.JPG.b320ed68e8c037459f3c67a1ee967006.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, KNP said:

The room measures just over 8ft square, it's our former 4th bedroom so a nice and warm centrally heated room that I don't have to go outdoors to visit.....and all amenities are close to hand as well!

This is the plan, not quite right now but was included in the BRM layout article of Oct '17.

IMG_3445.JPG.b320ed68e8c037459f3c67a1ee967006.JPG

The lorry with the crate hasn't arrived...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

Thanks for the information and especially the scaled plan, it has settled something that has been bothering me about my own layout in progress.

I can now see that you have fitted the Little Muddle station area into roughly 5'x2' . As my through station was also based on the Shipston on Stour track plan, I was concerned that I hadn't left enough room for the goods yard because of using long radius points to keep the tracks close together. The main issue was the "back road" I thought was too short compared to the one that you have built, but it seems that your ground level photography is what makes the yard seem huge rather than the same size as I have built.

I can get on with my layout now and stop worrying about the proportions. I have nearly dismantled it a couple of times!

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

13 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I'm sure you're right but it's a shame the bloke who made the banner didn't get it.

I have some sympathy for the banner maker.

Many, many years ago when I worked as a Building Surveyor with Whitbread's we had a regional team meeting at the Kentish Town depot we where having a coffee break and looking out the first floor window at the road entrance.

A large articulated new dray pulled in with nice clean and fresh side screens, no one said any thing until our RM commented is it me or is there something wrong with the side of that dray?

Sure enough we all looked again again and sure enough the signwriter had made a error, instead of saying WHITBREAD he had written WIHTBREAD and this lorry had be driving around the area for over a month without anyone spotting it......

So it does happen.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 9

I remember reading Red for danger by LTC Rolt when I was a kid and it told of a broad gauge locomotive involved in an accident that wore the nameplate "Goliah" rather than "Goliath" and of another locomotive named "Sampson" rather than "Samson"

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I'm sure you're right but it's a shame the bloke who made the banner didn't get it.

10 minutes ago, KNP said:

the signwriter had made a error, instead of saying WHITBREAD he had written WIHTBREAD and this lorry had be driving around the area for over a month without anyone spotting it......

So it does happen.....

Was it the person who made/wrote the sign or the person who specified it?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2