Little Muddle

KNP

54 minutes ago, kandc_au said:

Some of the layout threads like this really could do with an index!

Khris

I know, imagine the issues I have with the main picture folder that now holds 3281 of them!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

37 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

If anyone DOES happen to know what page in this thread has a good descriptive on how the 'undreds of trees on Little Muddle were made, I for one, would be most grateful!

The only article I wrote on making of the prime trees was back in Feb '18 in the BRM, never did anything for the ordinary seamoss ones.

I suppose if enough people ask I could be persuaded to do something on this thread?

Or post on here the article, I assume I can do that?

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Theres more than enough material for a nice glossy book!

Funny you should mention that but my daughter was in the process I doing one for me at the beginning of the year from one of those photobook sites but Covid got in the way for her sitting at the computer sifting through hundreds of pictures.

One day it will be resurrected.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

If anyone DOES happen to know what page in this thread has a good descriptive on how the 'undreds of trees on Little Muddle were made, I for one, would be most grateful!

A little bit of advertising. Sorry, Kevin.

https://pendonmuseum.com/events/make-trees-the-pendon-way-weekend-workshop

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120848-little-muddle/&do=findComment&comment=3224220

Plus if you use the search feature and limit it to this topic the results amount to three pages which isn't that many once you focus on posts by Kevin himself.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Along time ago, I posted this picture of a conflat that was in my stash of models.

2859.JPG.d9a9ff05687d138cd413108679f7e227.JPG

I decided to fit some shackles so I made some using some converted Hornby ones but they turned out to large

P1140204.JPG.ee772e39a30e1c0f128440b18f7fe0e5.JPG

and the whole lot removed and the wagon tidied up.

Well

I started again but this time scratch built and these look much better, they are a bit of a hybrid but they will stay so I have done both sides.

CN1.jpg.21bd5e0b3f61b4622201de2214089426.jpg

CN2.jpg.1b4eb7bb1b76ab6b4d2ad8c4486fde43.jpg

Much better, pictures shows they need a bit of a tidy up.

What did I use, telephone wire and super glue.

A bit fiddly, especially as I had to make 8 of them but once you get a production line going the next one gets easier and so on.

IMG_2341.jpg.33df582ad6a1d43a71d58ee9f122f5ca.jpg

Apologies for the slightly out of focus picture but I really need 3 hands to take that picture.

To attach the chain to the shackle just used good old sewing thread.

IMG_2345.jpg.5444bd01305d6cd832e34429e2bf9291.jpg

All done and here is the conflat in action....

CN3.jpg.f7986049b4dc765231f31daa3c3e052a.jpg

CN4.jpg.c0297b0cd6dc29184b425edf36054b8d.jpg

I have no pictures, nor at the moment can I find any of these actually in use for real.

Loads of pictures of them in yards, being lifted and just out of the workshop.

My question, if anyone knows the answer I would be obliged was where these moved in groups, singularly as I have shown, or in special trains? 

Excellent work Kevin.

To answer your question, I would say a mix of both. If Mr and Mrs Smith we’re moving, it would be 1 container mixed into the appropriate train. If it’s Smiths of Little Muddle moving their factory, or indeed a farm moving, it would be a special train. I say farm as there is a BTF film about a farm moving and that utilised a special train.

The definitive answer with examples would be found at the GWS or Pendon I would have thought.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KNP said:

Along time ago, I posted this picture of a conflat that was in my stash of models.

2859.JPG.d9a9ff05687d138cd413108679f7e227.JPG

I decided to fit some shackles so I made some using some converted Hornby ones but they turned out to large

P1140204.JPG.ee772e39a30e1c0f128440b18f7fe0e5.JPG

and the whole lot removed and the wagon tidied up.

Well

I started again but this time scratch built and these look much better, they are a bit of a hybrid but they will stay so I have done both sides.

CN1.jpg.21bd5e0b3f61b4622201de2214089426.jpg

CN2.jpg.1b4eb7bb1b76ab6b4d2ad8c4486fde43.jpg

Much better, pictures shows they need a bit of a tidy up.

What did I use, telephone wire and super glue.

A bit fiddly, especially as I had to make 8 of them but once you get a production line going the next one gets easier and so on.

IMG_2341.jpg.33df582ad6a1d43a71d58ee9f122f5ca.jpg

Apologies for the slightly out of focus picture but I really need 3 hands to take that picture.

To attach the chain to the shackle just used good old sewing thread.

IMG_2345.jpg.5444bd01305d6cd832e34429e2bf9291.jpg

All done and here is the conflat in action....

CN3.jpg.f7986049b4dc765231f31daa3c3e052a.jpg

CN4.jpg.c0297b0cd6dc29184b425edf36054b8d.jpg

I have no pictures, nor at the moment can I find any of these actually in use for real.

Loads of pictures of them in yards, being lifted and just out of the workshop.

My question, if anyone knows the answer I would be obliged was where these moved in groups, singularly as I have shown, or in special trains? 

I think the addition of chains and shackles really brings containers to life. 

I did the same on a refrigerated container a few years ago but as I model in N I used N Brass locos etches. I did try to do a second container last year but failed miserably and decided to leave it TPS another day and seeing yours is spurring me on to giving it another go.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I really enjoy looking at some of the photos on this thread on my 8" tablet screen, tapping on them to bring them up full size so there's no text to distract me, then zooming in and moving around. It's a wonderful feeling when I can see a detail that gives it away as a model and realise I might be looking at something that's only 30mm or whatever and it emphasises how superb the modelling is that even at such a close up view almost everything still looks exceedingly realistic.

Kevin, I really don't care if the door ever gets fixed or what's in the box, just please keep showing us photos of some of the best modelling there is!

• Like 3
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1