Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, John Besley said:

Salt lick for the sheep? :scratchhead:

I think the sheep had that licked on these pages about a year ago- it was certainly discussed at the time when their new home was unveiled!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 17/06/2020 at 16:00, KNP said:

Been working on the shop front.

Cathcott cottages was nearly finished but not quite so I decided to finish the last few bits.

Name board still under discussions, won’t be a large sign just one over the door saying the owners name when I can make one up!!!

01118F19-2E3F-40CE-B717-50C02B248F36.jpeg.a0a675bf0409c1be689dfac62c264a6b.jpeg

And before anyone asks they are actual newspapers of the era cut and folded!!!!

Awesome, how did you do the rough cast render? Did you use a scale Tyrolene applicator?

Edited by John Besley
Correction
  • Funny 1

On 18/06/2020 at 01:00, KNP said:

Name board still under discussions, won’t be a large sign just one over the door saying the owners name when I can make one up!!!

A few names here for you to consider: https://www.alphadictionary.com/fun/funny_names.html.

Scroll down to the men's names. I quite like Sid Downe, or perhaps either of his brothers Ben or Bob.

Edited by aardvark
I also see I. Malone, which makes me also suggest H.O.Malone..
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Peek-a-boo

Oh, these naughty railcars like playing hide and seek!

Are you sure it’s the Railcar and not the cameraman playing a Peek-a-boo?

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, KNP said:

2020 has gone, what a year.

Happy New Year to one and all and here's to 2021 bringing life back to some sort of normality.... 

3320.jpg.cb4f97c03b3e90a1ddd3f17c0fd836b5.jpg

An unusual shot with the camera lens pocking into the unloading area of the creamery and looking beyond to a passing passenger train.

One must also say thank you to Andy Y for keeping this website going and available for all of us to use as an escape from the troubles that surrounded us.

Keep up the good work.

I echo those sentiments Kevin, but add thanks to you for keeping us all entertained during 2020.

Thanks also  @AY Mod for Providing RMWeb for us all.

• Like 2
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 2

Don't lock up the gin! Let the old girls at it. Nothing breaks the tedium of Boxing Day like your granny or great aunt getting tipsy and letting slip a few wild tales from when she was in the WAAF... :D

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Don't lock up the gin! Let the old girls at it. Nothing breaks the tedium of Boxing Day like your granny or great aunt getting tipsy and letting slip a few wild tales from when she was in the WAAF... :D

I wonder if either of them knew my great-aunt, then.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I wonder if either of them knew my great-aunt, then.

Great Aunts can be a source of surprise. Deb (late first wife) had two such, spinsters, and they and their married sister, Deb's grandmother, were all skool-ma'ams in rural Northumberland. The last of the three to die, at 93, was Doris, who had been skool-ma'am on Holy Island, among other places, before the war. A few months after she died in 1993, Deb's father received a phonecall from a mature lady he had known slightly as a child. They chatted briefly, and then she said "You do know who I am, don't you? I'm Doris's daughter." Evidently Doris had fallen pregnant by the lodger, a Mr Atkinson, and by the mores of the time the child was adopted by a childless couple known to the family. So yes, that old spinster you see in the village may have a more colourful past than you think....

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1