Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Image saved for future reference, that looks really nice. I have one of the original Airfix ones in a box somewhere.

Edited by 57xx
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, KNP said:

Demolition and site clearance team been on site this afternoon now we can see the area ....

B74DCE02-CB96-47D2-AA8A-B01CC6B5C5E4.jpeg.fbbfb1a848496b69b21c8955874956e4.jpeg

Don’t worry the buildings this side of the road have been removed for their safety...

That angle really shows the backscene flat for what they are...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

At this moment in time I am only redeveloping the plot of land at the rear.

All the buildings in front of the road have been removed to safety in case I damage them whilst working, plus it gives me an area I put my tools down and still have them close at hand.

This is the biggest problem with a permanent layout when you want to build at the back, at this point the layout over 1m deep.

What happens at the front well, you know what these redevelopments are like, once I get my teeth into building buildings who knows where it will stop!!!!!

Apart from scenery this is my next most enjoyable bit of a layout, so when I had the first nucleus of an idea we went into full blown construction works in days......this will keep entertained for months

I suppose in way its my way of keeping this layout up to date and fresh.....I have lost count of the alterations and amendments I've made to this layout since 2008.

But...

We still don't know what's in the crate, one of life's mysteries!!!!

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

9 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Hope you cordoned of the site properly. Don't want the kiddies using it as a playground you know. Progress.

In 1938 the only cordoning would be clip around the ear from the local bobby and right telling off from your mum......if you where caught of course!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Over forty years later not much had changed. We spent hours playing on demolition sites, with only the odd cut or bruise. I don't think that it's the Herras fencing that keeps them out nowadays either. It's just that sitting around staring at a phone or tablet is apparently more appealing.

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, KNP said:

In 1938 the only cordoning would be clip around the ear from the local bobby and right telling off from your mum......if you where caught of course!

And maybe a "keep out" sign lit, at night, by a feeble oil lamp!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

The site would then remain derelict until nineteen eighty something when some godawful Brookside Close looking development appears. I'm thinking something mock Tudor but with "Georgian" garage doors....

"Station Mews" perhaps? 

There's a bit of an "Enterprise park" in Derbyshire, built on former railway property, where the developers sought to associate with past glories by naming one of the roads Midland Way.

It's a pity that it's built over the Lancashire, Derbyshire & East Coast Railway, latterly part of the Great Central Railway. 

It's the thought that counts I suppose! :D

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Swinging gently at her moorings Snowflake rests peacefully against the harbour wall.

With the sounds of water lapping against her hull, the seagulls screeching and soaring through the sky another peaceful day in this tranquil land except of course for the noise of the demolition works nearby that spoil the moment.

Ahhh, progress some say!

3438.jpg.066ba89e2b7140810d38a4a182496ac0.jpg

What an awesome pic Kevin, the angle as though in another little boat, the detail and most of all the weathering on the Hull. Overall its a quiet picture, i.e. a lot of detail but no noise to distract the eye.

I just love this shot.:good:

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

What an awesome pic Kevin, the angle as though in another little boat, the detail and most of all the weathering on the Hull. Overall its a quiet picture, i.e. a lot of detail but no noise to distract the eye.

I just love this shot.:good:

I see the crane is still on the dockside....howabout a demolition diorama in the corner to keep us amused... site under development...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, KNP said:

Then walking across the potato field, being carefully of course on not treading on any plants, we cast our eye (and camera) back to the railway and peer over the hedge.

Where's the chap with the shotgun?  'get orf my land, bl***y train spotters' :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 5