Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, KNP said:

Not quite finished in that picture but now they are, will need a coat of Dullcote to dull, but otherwise done.

Would you like me to post up how I did them as I photographed the process, not with a view to post on here but to remind me in the future how I did it.....!

Yes, I have been there before where I do something then ages down the line I can't remember how!!!

Yes please, it's part of following the project

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, KNP said:

I was looking at this area which would make an ideal place for a group of workmen having a fag break!!!!

A fag break? We're talking pre Tony Blair here, people multi tasked and smoked whilst they worked! 

When_Nurses_Smoked_In_Hospitals.jpg.2de50b4bc535394caba3113f7c4bd3ca.jpg

I remember two things about the smoking ban. One was a manager having a fit about people risking a fine and smoking, until it was pointed out that nobody was smoking, it was all the funk from the welding and machine shops that we were still breathing in

Blaming the EU. I remember being seconded to a group of visiting German engineers who carried on smoking while working as they did back home, because they had done the maths on the lost productivity and damage to morale.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

As you spend so much time setting up your photographs and processing them I was wondering whether you have ever tried to take a stereo pair of pictures, focus stacked. That would give you, not us, a totally immersive experience, for your archives.

I remember being fascinated by Stereo B&W prints of the new fangled BR standard steam locomotives in the early 50’s viewed with two simple lenses (before the advent of the viewmaster gadget.)

Edited by Limpley Stoker
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Current position with the courtyard.

I did go back in the end and tone down the wear line as what appeared to be happening is it (and the slabs) where catching the light and showing up rather excessively.

Using a very diluted Vallejo Old Wood I toned down the slabs with a couple of washes, in some places more than others to get a different shade.

Cobbles, bricks had sections repainted and washed over as above then the whole lot had a very good coat of the matt UV varnish .

P3.jpg.c38ccaf2e8f92a215a00ec1abe9a9ab4.jpg

The next part of this project is to commence the buildings themselves and I will be starting with the garage at the back LH side along with the boundary wall.

I might even leave the doors open and have a car parked inside - the only concerns I have is you know my luck with open doors!!!!!!!

Now, what car can I use - any suggestions..........?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 13

I’ve got one of these... not actually sure what it is as I brought s/h in a plastic bag donkey years ago

17A57C29-2BA8-4979-AD8B-EB031211F4EF.jpeg.6f0bf06f9bd01a5b3d3aea71475869c8.jpeg

Was parked at the creamery when the transport manager turned up to sort out that crate...

Now parked on the quayside!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

Looks rather like a 1937/8 Singer Bantam, the grille isn't very Morris Eight. @teakyhas just advised me on a range of kits for everyday prewar cars which I am hoping that I will be allowed to blow my erstwhile cigarette money on! 

http://www.autocraft.plus.com/page33.html

Edited by MrWolf
Typing with hind paws again...
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

40 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Looks rather like a 1937/8 Singer Bantam, the grille isn't very Morris Eight. @teakyhas just advised me on a range of kits for everyday prewar cars which I am hoping that I will be allowed to blow my erstwhile cigarette money on! 

http://www.autocraft.plus.com/page33.html

Well, if I can’t find anything in this range....!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

What a pity Oxford Diecast chose to make the Morris 8 series E ( my first car - cost £15 ! )   the earlier 8 was much prettier. It would be difficult to get the Autocraft models up to KNP’s standards as the embossing around the doors and other body panels spoils the illusion. I’m sure the committee would be happy for that  Singer to be housed in the new ( old ) garage!

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

What a pity Oxford Diecast chose to make the Morris 8 series E ( my first car - cost £15 ! )   the earlier 8 was much prettier. It would be difficult to get the Autocraft models up to KNP’s standards as the embossing around the doors and other body panels spoils the illusion. I’m sure the committee would be happy for that  Singer to be housed in the new ( old ) garage!

My father had a Series E Morris as his first car too. It had the strange headlamp conversion which didn't do the looks any favours either. It cost something like £8 in 1964.

It does look like Autocraft shut lines are raised not incised? At least with the body being one piece, you can pare off the raised lines with a chisel blade and recut them with a scriber. Fiddly perhaps, but not the end of the world.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Perhaps he's getting all animated whilst telling a story about ski jumping?

Perhaps.

But that's not very exciting is it....jumping over some ski's

It's the same as weight lifting, know one ever tells you how long you have to wait?

Long jump - well how long?  it should be called 'see how far you can jump, jump....' 

There are so many anomality's out there!!!

Can you name any?

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Looking down the platform we see a leaning Station Master, must have been on the sauce last night........or did I knock when i moved the station building......hmmmm one will never know!

3447.jpg.c4bef26dd45685c246753b49a391b9ec.jpg

I reckon he was nudged.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Signals. On Little Muddle. :jester:

What.....

They’re nice, frozen in time, examples....

If you squint and turn your head to the left you can make them appear to move!!!!

One day, one day, I might get some working ones but I spent so long waiting for some to appear on the layout and then eventually building them it would seem sad to consign them to the scrap box to early.....

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6