Little Muddle

KNP

5 hours ago, KNP said:

Well, you guessed it, caught by that pesky signal again......

3679.jpg.b58390dcb591c5032d1dd1563703574c.jpg

Lucky it's not a bus held at a traffic light. The words sitting and duck come to mind. :D

I do like that bridge, there's been a few times that I have seen one of those Tri-ang relics on eBay and considered it's potential. 

But then I would have to start another layout, which may result in my early demise...

• Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

8 hours ago, KNP said:

Love the feeling of depth in this picture and that you really need to go down that lane to see what is behind that hedge....

This something that I have suffered with and found two answers, not always successful but sometimes - pull the camera further away and then crop the picture or use the A (aperture) setting with the largest F stop you have, might need extra lighting for this or a bit of tweaking on Affinity with light settings.

Where did you get the plough from?

Thanks Kevin I will try your recommendations. Plough is a Springside kit, FM9 if I remember.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benbow said:

Thanks Kevin I will try your recommendations. Plough is a Springside kit, FM9 if I remember.

Well I never, same place I got the orange peril from!!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

They might have been, but it was probably a case of Germany 1, Austria 0.

More likely about the new pub that appeared as if by magic and how much they charge for a pint of stout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Is it one of those fancy new chain pubs where they expect you to buy food? A pub where toddlers run around screaming whilst their mothers make internet posts about how they can't cope with them and how they cost on their £700 I-phone?

Or is it full of hikers with man bun hair who prattle on about climate change and their new electric BMW?

If not, I'll happily pay an extra tanner for a pint. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

7 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I was thinking more along the lines of pork scratchings and pickled eggs to be honest. Oh and mustn't forget the sawdust on the floor. Does that suit?

Possibly, although that may attract the hikers, or worse still, folk singers...

It's tricky avoiding pubs that are very local, sticky tiled floors, fluorescent strip lights, jack Russell's and the smell of urine, though that may be the elderly owners who say: "You can't sit there, that's Fred's chair"

Who's Fred?

"E's bin dead twenty years, but he always sat there..."

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

5 hours ago, KNP said:

Seems a busy day here in the harbour....

3681.jpg.37767199f3551c03d03051aed22cac97.jpg

Just the perfect shot!
I assume the crane is for loading and unloading boats, like the crane  at Watchet.
Marvellous atmosphere.
Regards,
Chris.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sandhole said:

Just the perfect shot!
I assume the crane is for loading and unloading boats, like the crane  at Watchet.
Marvellous atmosphere.
Regards,
Chris.

Chris do you mean taking boats out of the water and returning them like today or harking back to when Watchet was a real working port. Don't know what is going to happen to the crane now they are spoiling improving the East Quay.

Don

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Donw said:

Chris do you mean taking boats out of the water and returning them like today or harking back to when Watchet was a real working port. Don't know what is going to happen to the crane now they are spoiling improving the East Quay.

Don

Inspiration for anyone wanting a small working harbour, todays ride saw me going to Lympstone Quay.....

fullsizeoutput_23da.jpeg.afe1cd8bc6e4ae53b76dc795601f73fd.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, Donw said:

Don

When Watchet was a working port.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Now there’s a sight you don’t often see on LM

91DFD56A-FD12-4E37-B135-C1F20839AFA8.jpeg.e654ac8349d1b4135f023eb451680a90.jpeg

No not just three loco’s but three working loco’s that got there under their own steam..!

That Lima one (on the left) tank sides sure are high compared to the Bachmann one, knew it was wrong but nevertheless they won’t been seen together very often.

Pep pipe I think I will add, crew ordered and need to sort the side number plate now.

Love the fact you are running a Lima 45xx.
Regards,
Chris.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1