DJM N gauge Crowdfunded King Class Steam Loco has started

DJM Dave

not misrendered, its a representation of the coupler swing, done for clearance checking.

if you look at the side view of the cad (smokebox to the left) you can see 2 bogie sides too ( re the above)

HTH

thanks

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Why are there now two options for payment, surely this is complicating matters further and if you think you're going to need Mk3 version what happens to payments made the first two ways if there is a third new method coming.

According to Lloyds website their Click Safe coverage only applies to Lloyds Bank debit and credit cards.  Basically it is a protection for users of their cards similar to the idea of Verified by Visa in order to prevent criminal use of the cards, it is not a payment system as such. 

Hi everyone,

i'm delighted to say that the new web site with e-commerce integrated is now up and running for those that need to order the N gauge King locomotive / Locomotives

The sit is SSL compliant, and your payments are secure.

Lloyds click safe will be added to the current 'Stripe' e commerce section within the next 2 weeks.

Please note that the system sends both you and i receipts for the payments so please bear in mind your order may reach your spam folder and to check it occasionally.

It's been a heck of a journey and i thank you all for your patience.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

I placed my order today.

When I click on the 'My account' button it asks for my email address and password but I can't see any way of making an account in the first place. Is this an oversight or am I just missing something?

Dave 

Dave - please clarify the VAT situation for those of us ordering from outside the EU.

VAT will be removed from the total on the second and final invoice which will also consist of a postage component for where in the world you are.

HTH

cheers

Dave

Well done Dave. Got there despite the set backs.

Orders placed without problem.

Please can you just confirm that all other orders, expressions of interest etc over the past year or so for the King are cancelled and that only orders and deposits paid now through the Mk.3 web site will stand?

Thanks, Chris

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

all orders, private info, emails and spread sheet have been deleted from my system, except 1 last draft e-mail to all 'expressions of interest' customers for the king. once sent, that mail will also be deleted from my sent box, and my King expressions of interest master folder will also be purged.

I'll then re-start it with new info from today onwards up to project completion.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

VAT will be removed from the total on the second and final invoice which will also consist of a postage component for where in the world you are.

Dave - you should confirm with your VAT advisor that this treatment is permissible.  VAT notice #703 for exports outside the EU states that: "Deposits and progress payments are part payments towards the total cost of a supply received in advance of its completion and have the same VAT liability as the final supply"

• RMweb Gold

Order placed for 2.

Are new accounts being created with orders or is it something you are still working on?

There was a tick box to tick "To create an account" when I placed mine.  Might be worth dropping Dave an email as he may be able to create an account for you if you didnt at the time - not sure if there is that facility, but would assume there is.

Rich

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Just received email so I've paid deposits for the two originally chosen.

Two follow-up emails then received, confirmation of creating account and then order receipt.  All very quick and straightforward, thanks Dave.

Regards, Gerry.

Just a quick note which i have mentioned on the mail that went out to pre-order customers, is that the 'pay now' button is a bit bland and on some monitors etc looks like the background.

I am working on getting the button coloured to make it more obvious to us all.

Otherwise, the site seems to be settling down quite nicely, and this coming week i shall add more pages and more detail to various sections.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2