DJM N gauge Crowdfunded King Class Steam Loco has started

DJM Dave

I must admit I fell for the King in blue from the moment I saw 6023 at the Great Central Railway.

1104_10151264954092930_393446602_n_zpsqb

This photo was taken slightly before her return to traffic (can a King be a 'her'?) and I remember travelling up for the winter gala, despite snow and freezing temperatures to get a ride behind it. I'm looking forward to having a model of a loco that I associate with a memorable day out.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think part of it is the variety. My fleet is currently mostly green or black. That means I like the odd splash of colour like a maroon warship or a Desert Sand Western. Those are both late-crest models so having something for the early 50s will be nice.

Don't forget, the Kings actually wore 2 shades of blue. There was the early experimental dark blue with LNWR-style lining (I have seen this referred to variously as ultramarine or prussian blue).

post-5983-0-51218900-1409649016.jpg

I ordered this one in OO Gauge the moment it was announced. Makes it all the more disappointing it was shelved for now, because it is highly unlikely that Hornby will ever produce one this colour.

Argh, its no good, one King is not enough. I want a green one and a blue one so in order to fund them I have started listing my possessions on eBay.

I hope you are satisfied Dave. :jester:

Edited by Karhedron
  • Like 2

Argh, its no good, one King is not enough. I want a green one and a blue one so in order to fund them I have started listing my possessions on eBay.

I hope you are satisfied Dave. :jester:

Surely someone will buy your kidney?

• Like 1

I agree with Karhedron, we need some more pie's, especially now I have just pre-ordered mine thanks to model sales allowing me to fund the pruchase of a pair - King's that is, not pies.

New Pie tomorrow, guys.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

I've already put my name down for the late crest one, because it fits the time period of my layout, but looking at those pictures of 6023 has made me start thinking about changing my order.

Considering my layout is a Midland branch it would be out of place regardless; I already own one of the K&ESR engines (my local railway) so it's not too much more of a Rule 1 stretch.

Hi everyone,

Ok, the promised piechart for you all.

This is dated Friday the 8th April and doesn't include those who have ordered today.

On the whole, orders still keep coming in, but as expected they have slowed to an average of 2 - 3 orders per day with a peak of roughly 7-8 per day sometimes. The crowdfunding is running at 133 signed up so far.

However i am not despondent at all, as the advertising is booked and designed for magazine publishing, and i have again plagued magazine editors with info and updates etc and i would think there are a lot of people out there in non RMWeb land who will respond in the next 70 odd days. I expect this take up of crowdfunded models to start to really move once a wider audience gets to know about it.

To make the project viable we need you, to also spread the word, down our club, to friends etc. If your considering, don't! Considering wont get this model made, only actions will, so please sign up and help this get over the line by the end of June.

If we do then things can really shift with a proposed debut in EP form at the DJM stand at Warley this year, now wouldn't that be nice?

If you want to be part of history and be the first 100% crowdfunded RTR Steam Locomotive in the world, all of you can play your part.

cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-07927900-1491652983.jpg

• Like 1

Lol,

Don't get all excited. It's not the size of Bachmann, but I thought it was about time people saw all this 'vapourware' all the naredowells have been spouting the last 4 years. Lol

Seriously though, I'll have the 2 gauges of 92, the 17, the King (providing it succeeds) plus, I hope some info and possibly new livery announcements and link ups.

And also, as I'll be quite a few models in by then.....Beattie, 14xx, O2, 92's, 71's, J94, 17, gate stock, PBA wagon, SPA, mermaid, D600, and who knows what else? I thought it about time that I put my head above the parapet. Lol

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Lol,

Don't get all excited. It's not the size of Bachmann, but I thought it was about time people saw all this 'vapourware' all the naredowells have been spouting the last 4 years. Lol

Seriously though, I'll have the 2 gauges of 92, the 17, the King (providing it succeeds) plus, I hope some info and possibly new livery announcements and link ups.

And also, as I'll be quite a few models in by then.....Beattie, 14xx, O2, 92's, J94, 17, gate stock, PBA wagon, SPA, mermaid, D600, and who knows what else? I thought it about time that I put my head above the parapet. Lol

Cheers

Dave

It's going to be very foggy at Warley this year with all that "vapourwear" on display.  Carry on steaming ahead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm still planning to pre-order two of the 00 gauge DJM models from Hattons, but it doesn't mean I won't try to nab me an N-gauge King or 2.

If the OO Gauge models ever get released now. All traces of the OO Gauge King threads on here have gone so I'm starting to lose hope they will ever show up.