Class 68 Hazard Lights

Tigger

Can anyone describe the Class 68 Hazard Lights please. I understand that when selected by the driver the high beam head lights flash. Do the rear lights remain steady red or do they flash or do the high beam headlights flash at the rear as well?. I ask because I have adapted my Dapol Class 68 lights to operate as per the prototypes , ie the top marker operates with the halo lights etc. And it would be good to add this feature correctly.

The line 'remain steady red' is odd, as unless it is a light loco the reds should not be on....

Andy G

Thanks Andy, I understand that regarding light loco or with a train. Maybe i should rephrahase. Assuming it is light loco would the rear reds remain at steady red or would the high beam headlights flash at both ends?

• RMweb Premium

Well considering I'm a signaller on the railway, you would think that we would have been told what hazard lights actually look like wouldn't you? But you would be wrong, I haven't a clue!

I think on some of the older units the orange door lights come on......

Andy G

Don't they use the red lights when propelling or top & tailing?

They do, but I am trying to understand the configuration of lights when the driver activated the Hazard Lights 

Archived