Looking for a 2.25mm Nut Driver for Bachamn eccentric

I have a new set of Bachman wheels for a B1 the wheels come black and I need to spray them Apple Green I need to take off the eccentric crank, it uses a 2.5mm nut.I need a 2.5mm nut driver

but I cant find one in the USA anywhere. I have tried Eileens Emporium no luck any other links please.

2.25 or 2.5?

I do not suppose it is much help but 2.25 mm is 12BA (2.5 mm is usable for 12 BA).

I bought a 2mm and 2.5mm one too small one too big. The 2.5mm fits the side rods but for the eccentric it has to be a 2.25mm either side of that 2mm too small 2.50mm too big.

• RMweb Premium

I bought a 2mm and 2.5mm one too small one too big. The 2.5mm fits the side rods but for the eccentric it has to be a 2.25mm either side of that 2mm too small 2.50mm too big.

So, looks like you need a real 12 BA then. 2.25 mm within less than 0.001"

Edit, we are talking AF are we?

• RMweb Gold

I use a range of BA cap (Allen/socket) head bolts to use on various small nuts and bolts. The recessed heads fit Bachmann and Hornby, amongst others, crank nuts well. You must be able to get similar in the US.

edited to make sense of the ipad non sense....

BA nut drivers are available from Markits.

Cheers,

David

They only sell a set even if I buy from Canada its still $27 for a one off job a bit expensive.

I use a range of BA cap (Allen/socket) head bolts to use on various small nuts and bolts. The recessed heads fit Bachmann and Hornby, amongst others, they fit the Nuts? hex bowls  well. You must be able to get similar in the US.

Good idea I have quite a selection I,ll try that

Id recommend a reversed tweezer.(where squeezing it opens the jaws) I have one with a slot in the tip and that centers nuts and holds round screws perfectly. Ive used it to screw well over 700 16ba nuts so far, so 12 ba would be even less fiddly.

Well me, just got this answer from Bachman 

Dear David

The centre pin is not a screw but a pin on the split chassis models.  You will need to remove the circlip and then the valve gear just pulls off.

Regards

Jenni

Gees the circlip is so tiny, a little bit like the axles a bad design.

But thankyou to Jenni in the Bachman Service dept  10 out of 10 for prompt replies to all my e-mails.

Archived