Have Hornby released every livery of the HST? Scotrail HSTs entering service in 2018. Possible Livery?

hamish_barb

T4 aka 800004 is a five car train, thus you cannot form it into nine car. I believe it has been suggested nine car Class 800/801/802 are possible in the future, though the market for a nine car train might be small.

I think most if not all of the 250 customers who have secured T2 aka 800002 might like the three missing centre cars.....

Hi all

With Scotrail announcing their new HST service, which will be running from Summer 2018, have Hornby always done every HST Livery?

I think a Scotrail HST would look fantastic. This link shows a possible livery, although the actual livery has not been finalised - https://www.railengi...rails-new-hsts/

Thanks

- Also, sorry if this is in the wrong sub-section.

Edited by hamish_barb

I'm looking forward to seeing the trains up in Scotland, but I hope they go dark blue more than the light blue in those images - the GNER colours looked so good, would be a shape to not see something similar given the opportunity. The large Saltire as applied to the 68s and stock would be perfectly suited.

• RMweb Premium

I think a Scotrail HST would look fantastic. This link shows a possible livery, although the actual livery has not been finalised - https://www.railengi...rails-new-hsts/

Ugh. That "blue" looks horribly dull on my computer at least. Scotrail's liveries have always been bright and bold - long may that continue....please.

• 2 weeks later...

To my knowledge the following have not been done;

Great Western (the first franchise on the Western Mainline - not first group)

First Great Western (Fag packet green)

Grand Central black and orange stripe

Midland Mainline blue and white

Debranded Virgin Cross Country livery

Hybrid East Coast and Virgin livery 

Theres also some power cars with details that could be done; no doubt theres many of these. Its mainly buffer fitted power cars

43080 in GNER with full yellow end

43084 in Intercity with full yellow end

Virgin Cross country power cars with large picture names

New Virgin East coast with large picture themes

Am sure theres more

Hi,

It depends if you mean the later, super-detail HST or the earlier Hornby models.

If you include the older models, then 'Merlin' (i.e. Great Western Trains) was done as set R2115:

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklistdatabase/64945/Hornby_R2115_Great_Western_Trains_125_High_Speed_Train_Class_43_43002_43124/StockDetail.aspx

The older Mainline as set R2376:

http://www.hattons.co.uk/84783/Hornby_R2376_LN_02_4_car_125_HST_train_pack_in_Midland_Mainline_latest_livery_Pre_owned_Like_new/StockDetail.aspx

If you mean the super-detailed version of the model only, then neither of the above, nor the ones listed below (Western Region ones mainly shown):

First Great Western but with white around the cabside (Hornby did this on the older model).

There were also a few subtle variations on this and the all blue FGW versions, where the pink line varied a little.

One offs:
43175 Angel Trains - as a promo before FGW (not sure if it ran on the mainline though)

43032 FGW but with white First logo

43027 Queen's 90th

43070 Cotswold Rail silver (released on the earlier model)
43087 'Hornby' red (released on the earlier model)

43163 'Rail-fly.com' Singapore Airlines

43186 'All Change' HP (Hewlett Packard)

43163 Plymouth advertising

Groups of HSTs:

43004, 43009 Dynamic Lines, first version experimental livery - included 3 coaches in this livery as a demo set

43012, 43148, 43192 (all blue lower end), 43126 (white lower end) as 'Bristol 2015 European Capital'

43144, 43146 Building a Greater West (land and sea versions respectively)

I remember seeing a photo of one in Intercity but with stripes across the front... not sure what it was advertising/celebrating

Cross Country trains did a red nose day livery I believe... not sure which one
Also, various with numbers on the front, including one with just two digits, I think...

Plenty of one off liveries, though now RTR livery application has greatly improved in recent times, I'd love to see 'Fag Packet' livery attempted!

All that thinking has tired me out - off to catch the Night Sleeper...

Cheers,
Ixion.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It depends if you mean the later, super-detail HST or the earlier Hornby models.

If you include the older models, then 'Merlin' (i.e. Great Western Trains) was done as set R2115:

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklistdatabase/64945/Hornby_R2115_Great_Western_Trains_125_High_Speed_Train_Class_43_43002_43124/StockDetail.aspx

The older Mainline as set R2376:

http://www.hattons.co.uk/84783/Hornby_R2376_LN_02_4_car_125_HST_train_pack_in_Midland_Mainline_latest_livery_Pre_owned_Like_new/StockDetail.aspx

If you mean the super-detailed version of the model only, then neither of the above, nor the ones listed below (Western Region ones mainly shown):

First Great Western but with white around the cabside (Hornby did this on the older model).

There were also a few subtle variations on this and the all blue FGW versions, where the pink line varied a little.

One offs:
43175 Angel Trains - as a promo before FGW (not sure if it ran on the mainline though)

43032 FGW but with white First logo

43027 Queen's 90th

43070 Cotswold Rail silver (released on the earlier model)
43087 'Hornby' red (released on the earlier model)

43163 'Rail-fly.com' Singapore Airlines

43186 'All Change' HP (Hewlett Packard)

43163 Plymouth advertising

Groups of HSTs:

43004, 43009 Dynamic Lines, first version experimental livery - included 3 coaches in this livery as a demo set

43012, 43148, 43192 (all blue lower end), 43126 (white lower end) as 'Bristol 2015 European Capital'

43144, 43146 Building a Greater West (land and sea versions respectively)

I remember seeing a photo of one in Intercity but with stripes across the front... not sure what it was advertising/celebrating

Cross Country trains did a red nose day livery I believe... not sure which one
Also, various with numbers on the front, including one with just two digits, I think...

Plenty of one off liveries, though now RTR livery application has greatly improved in recent times, I'd love to see 'Fag Packet' livery attempted!

All that thinking has tired me out - off to catch the Night Sleeper...

Cheers,
Ixion.

There's also:

Livery done before but these two need the newer light style:

43002 Sir Kenneth Grange in Intercity Orginal Livery

43185 Great Western in Intercity Swallow Livery 

One offs:

43186 Diamond Jubilee

Group:

43187 &  43188 Welshman with Dragon Logos.

Samuel.

Edited by sc2016