Please see my Pinterest board of images inspiring my planned 7mm diorama of the MDHB, Liverpool Overhead Railway and Riverside Branch lines at East Princes Half Tide Dock, Liverpool just before the Overhead Railway closed in 1956. Planning is in the early stages.   Research is the easy bit! Currently I am seeking any plans of the MDHB engine shed shown in the photo.  post-31042-0-29302600-1490561420.jpghttps://uk.pinterest.com/stephenwolstenh/inspiration-for-atlantic-dock-7mm-scale-diorama-of/

Edited by Stephenwolsten
added detail
  • Like 11

• 2 years later...

After years of research and dithering, today I took the plunge and commissioned Mike Edge of Judith Edge Kits to produce 7mm versions of his Liverpool Overhead Railway spans and rolling stock for me!   No turning back now.  I have recently been looking at lightweight baseboard designs, including the ply-edged foam beams used by Gordon Gravitt on Arun Quay (MRJ 235) and the use of dense insulation foam boards.

• Like 1

The inspiration for the layout - Jim Peden's photograph showing the MDHB shed, the Riverside Branch, the Waterloo Corn Warehouse, Bibby's, a transit shed, Princes Half Tide Dock and the MDHB lines.   (Picture taken after demolition of the LOR, which ran between the shed and the dock wall).   Where else could you see short BR freight and passenger trains running on an extensive industrial system, with a unique elevated electric railway which was not nationalised?

Princes_scene.jpeg

• Like 12