Olivia's Trains BOC VBA and Cryogenics TEA

Mark Saunders

2 hours ago, Carl BR said:

Well out of my order of eight with Hatton's my package landed today with just three and no stock left in the warehouse. Apparently the problem was their computer system thinking there was more than what was really in stock.

I'm going to have to research what I can do with just the three I have received. I'm open to ideas in the form of photo's with these tankers thrown in to other wagon rakes.

Cheers people. 

That doesn’t bode well for my order of 3 yellow lined examples then.

• RMweb Premium

My single wagon arrived today - very nice but wouldn’t have paid £75. Interesting that when brought down to a reasonable price they are flying off the shelves.

A single is good for me for an East Anglian terminus as per the ones that ran to Norwich.

Out of interest does anyone have any details or photos of the lorry that these were unloaded into? There’s one in some of Paul Bartlett’s photos but obviously the photo is of the wagon not the lorry so not enough to try and model an unloading arrangement. Any details greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl BR said:

Well out of my order of eight with Hatton's my package landed today with just three and no stock left in the warehouse. Apparently the problem was their computer system thinking there was more than what was really in stock.

I'm going to have to research what I can do with just the three I have received. I'm open to ideas in the form of photo's with these tankers thrown in to other wagon rakes.

Cheers people. 

Yes, the same thing happened to me and my mate. My order from Thursday evening is missing BOC 02. Yet it was on sale all Friday and Saturday. My mates order of BOC 08 and BOC 16 ordered Friday morning  has failed to appear and upon enquiring (at what point were they going to let him know?) learned that neither wagon is going to arrive. Again these were still available on Saturday. I was suspicious as one minute some were not available then all of a sudden more than 10 were available. An absolute mess up with the ordering system that has left us not too pleased at all. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/11/2020 at 21:22, GordonC said:

They were also used occasionally on special trainload workings to Mossend/Ravenscraig from Ditton

"Remembering the BOC trains" is a feature in the latest Traction magazine, a particularly good issue for those of us with seventies and eighties leanings with a focus on BR Blue.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by tractionman
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I suppose I'm lucky, ordered four Sunday and got them today. They are nice models, to me a tad expensive at £45 - no way worth £75 - but that is just my opinion. They had tons of them on Friday, several showing 10+ stock, I'm surprised they all went so quickly.

Brit15

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

I suppose I'm lucky, ordered four Sunday and got them today. They are nice models, to me a tad expensive at £45 - no way worth £75 - but that is just my opinion. They had tons of them on Friday, several showing 10+ stock, I'm surprised they all went so quickly.

Brit15

Can I ask what BOC numbers you got mate? 

8 minutes ago, amwells said:

I ordered a few on Friday afternoon (amongst other items) and nothing shipped yet - I guess that’s not looking positive now!

There might be a bit of a backlog, I ordered some on Thursday and they arrived today (travelling all of about 15 miles)

• Friendly/supportive 1

I ordered mine (6 x yellow strip oxygen) within an hour or so of the add going up and they arrived Friday whilst I was out. Only collected them yesterday morning from the Post Office, happily I got the full consignment.

Hope that helps.

I note the comments above and think it very possible the Olivia's may well release more of these to Hatton's given the differing price point and apparent difference in rate of sales.

Hope everyone can get what they want!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Opelsi said:

I ordered mine (6 x yellow strip oxygen) within an hour or so of the add going up and they arrived Friday whilst I was out. Only collected them yesterday morning from the Post Office, happily I got the full consignment.

Hope that helps.

I note the comments above and think it very possible the Olivia's may well release more of these to Hatton's given the differing price point and apparent difference in rate of sales.

Hope everyone can get what they want!

It was suggested to Hattons that IF there was a possibility of obtaining more stock from Olivias, before putting them on general sale, give those that have had their orders  unfulfilled first refusal. The reaction left me feeling the suggestion had fallen on deaf ears.
Fingers crossed it all works out one way or another. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

11 hours ago, 66738 said:

Can I ask what BOC numbers you got mate? 

2 x BOC 05

1 X BOC 12

1 X BOC 17

Ordered Friday 20th at 8pm (not Sunday as I said - that was something else). They arrived yesterday, 24th, Royal Mail tracked.

Brit15

1 hour ago, APOLLO said:

2 x BOC 05

1 X BOC 12

1 X BOC 17

Ordered Friday 20th at 8pm (not Sunday as I said - that was something else). They arrived yesterday, 24th, Royal Mail tracked.

Brit15

Ok mate. Cheers for that. Between my mate and myself we received those wagons too.

I ordered 2 last weekend, BOC 14 & 19. Had a confirmation from staging.hattons.co.uk but nothing else except I have just checked my credit card and payment was taken on Monday. Checked my order on Hatton’s website and it says ‘completed’. I wonder if they are trying to get more or more likely their system fell over and is screwed up. Will leave it for a couple more days before I contact them.

10 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

Just had a look at Hattons site, lots of BOC tanks back in stock, 16 types, all more than 10, still £45.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1000399/1000588/1000637/1000818/heljan_oo_gauge_1_76_scale_wagons_united_kingdom/sceneprodlist.aspx

Brit15

Link doesn't lead to BOC tanks and none appear when you type BOC into Hatton's search box.

24 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

Link doesn't lead to BOC tanks and none appear when you type BOC into Hatton's search box.

Sorry chaps, don't know what happened there. The link was definite when I posted as I checked it again right after posting. Yes none showing now - what's happening at Hattons ?

Brit15

1 hour ago, APOLLO said:

Sorry chaps, don't know what happened there. The link was definite when I posted as I checked it again right after posting. Yes none showing now - what's happening at Hattons ?

Brit15

Yes, what is happening at Hattons? Failing to arrange a jolly good knees up in a Brewery comes to mind at the moment!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SHerr said:

My single wagon arrived today - very nice but wouldn’t have paid £75. Interesting that when brought down to a reasonable price they are flying off the shelves.

A single is good for me for an East Anglian terminus as per the ones that ran to Norwich.

Out of interest does anyone have any details or photos of the lorry that these were unloaded into? There’s one in some of Paul Bartlett’s photos but obviously the photo is of the wagon not the lorry so not enough to try and model an unloading arrangement. Any details greatly appreciated.

I came across a picture of one on Flickr when I was looking for those other ones, but I thought I won't post it as it's a bit OT, but as you've asked. I think that the device on the trailer is some kind of pumping/transfer unit.

po-84640-boc-TEA-Ipswich-1986-07

Madeley WCML 1993

Southampton Western Docks 1990

Frozen II

If you only receive one wagon you can still model this train consisting of 1 Class 08, 1 VEA & 1 TEA

Ipswich 1989

08775 Ipswich 150389 (to Lower Yd)

Edited by montyburns56
  • Like 5

Question. With my order from Hattons I also ordered and got the transfers (£6). The word GASES appears several times on the sheet yet I cant see that word on any BOC tank photo - any clues where it was used ?

1545665751Gases.JPG

Brit15

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, montyburns56 said:

I came across a picture of one on Flickr when I was looking for those other ones, but I thought I won't post it as it's a bit OT, but as you've asked. I think that the device on the trailer is some kind of pumping/transfer unit.

po-84640-boc-TEA-Ipswich-1986-07

Madeley WCML 1993

Southampton Western Docks 1990

Frozen II

If you only receive one wagon you can still model this train consisting of 1 Class 08, 1 VEA & 1 TEA

Ipswich 1989

08775 Ipswich 150389 (to Lower Yd)

That’s brilliant, many thanks. It looks the same sort of thing that’s creeping onto the edge of Paul Bartlett’s photos.

Quite a few of the East Anglia workings seemed to be only 1 or 2 wagons. There’s a few photos about of Norwich.

Now just the simple task of trying to make one!