bit late ..but

mervyn

Does anyone know any shops that have a Hornby Peckett still on sale? after a "Dodo"....or if not any other liveries!

I was looking for them just after they came out. I managed to get an MSC one and an H&P just after they appeared in stock at Walton’s but there was no Dodo that I could find anywhere. I think you would need extreme good luck to get one even at an inflated price now. Perhaps your best bet is to reconcile yourself to a forthcoming Hornby R3550. A pre-order would be advisable.

• Like 1

Highly unlikely but I'd say your best bet is to ring any local model shops that do not have websites or heritage railway shops that may not have a web presence and see if they have got any under the radar.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I was looking for them just after they came out. I managed to get an MSC one and an H&P just after they appeared in stock at Walton’s but there was no Dodo that I could find anywhere. I think you would need extreme good luck to get one even at an inflated price now. Perhaps your best bet is to reconcile yourself to a forthcoming Hornby R3550. A pre-order would be advisable.

Dodo was sold out to pre-orders, including my own, at many (if not most) outlets.

My local dealer didn't have any in excess though he did have a few of the other two that remained unsold for nearly a fortnight! 

I bagged a blue one but passed on the MSC version, which I now regret. 

John

• RMweb Gold

Have patience, when the lilleshall one comes out, inevitably a few of the first batch will trickle back to the market.

Failing that, the 2018 announcements may also wash out a few (assuming Hornby continue with more pecketts in 2018, but think they'd be mad not to).

• RMweb Premium

Hornby had a Huntley & Palmers blue one on their stand at Ally Pally last weekend and during the ten minutes of so I was there giving the Merchant Navy a through going over there must have been seven or eight people who asked if it was for sale.

At the moment I think the only remaining hope of a Peckett is if any resurface from their warehouse from Concession Outlet returns, I don't think any of the stuff ex defunct ModelZone et-al has surfaced anywhere yet.

I've pre-ordered a black one from the 2017 announcements already.

Edited by John M Upton

Dodo was sold out to pre-orders, including my own, at many (if not most) outlets.

My local dealer didn't have any in excess though he did have a few of the other two that remained unsold for nearly a fortnight! 

I bagged a blue one but passed on the MSC version, which I now regret. 

John

As suggested above, I phoned KS Models yesterday. No Dodo but he did have an MSC one. I didn’t ask the price, I’m afraid. The chap said that he had sold a Peckett that morning.

• RMweb Premium

That will generally come with a noticeable premium attached, if the prices of their other stock are anything to go by. But when there's no other choice.....

His prices are a lot better than they used to be, especially N gauge. I've just popped in there but didn't think to look for a Peckett. Too busy picking up a Farish 64xx for a tenner under Hattons' prices...

Hornby had a Huntley & Palmers blue one on their stand at Ally Pally last weekend and during the ten minutes of so I was there giving the Merchant Navy a through going over there must have been seven or eight people who asked if it was for sale.

At the moment I think the only remaining hope of a Peckett is if any resurface from their warehouse from Concession Outlet returns, I don't think any of the stuff ex defunct ModelZone et-al has surfaced anywhere yet.

I've pre-ordered a black one from the 2017 announcements already.

As I understand it, none of them went to the concessions that were closing. So for those of us still trying to find one, that's a false hope. The Modelzone stock has been re-sold at Factory Sales, amongst other places.

I had to bite the bullet and paid £150 for Dodo ( on eBay last week) Hornby are not going to do any of the first 3 Peckett liveries again so it's the law of economics I am afraid. The chances of getting the next release (Lilleshall No 10 in black) if you have not pre ordered are zero. Some model shops have reported that Hornby have refused them pre orders on this loco as Hornby had effectively sold the run before all the shops submitted their pre orders! The problem is that Hornby cannot just ring up the manufacturer in China and increase the order quantity, this was probably agreed last year. I suspect Hornby have been taken by suprise as to the sales of this loco. I notice that the prices on eBay are creeping up, the MSC loco was £110 a few weeks ago (I bought it) and the last one I tracked last week went for £140.

David

... Hornby are not going to do any of the first 3 Peckett liveries again ...

I doubt that's entirely true, given that the leaf green livery was the standard Peckett livery at the time the W4s were made.

Dodo may be as extinct as the original and I wouldn't expect another biscuit [please God, not a Ford], but I'd be very surprised indeed if we don't get any further runs in factory leaf green, named or otherwise. 

• RMweb Gold

I doubt that's entirely true, given that the leaf green livery was the standard Peckett livery at the time the W4s were made.

Dodo may be as extinct as the original and I wouldn't expect another biscuit [please God, not a Ford], but I'd be very surprised indeed if we don't get any further runs in factory leaf green, named or otherwise.

An unnamed leafy green one would become the stuff of legend..

They'd be hundreds of variants out there, all custom named !!

I'm kind of expecting a mini-industry of black ones being customised later this year to.

Certainly one guy on ebay has made a nice living out of bespoke weathered ones, first one appeared on ebay before some shops even got their stocks and are selling for more than my iPad !

Edited by adb968008

ta for all the info Barry at Widnes model centre has sorted it out !!!!..top man!!

So there was one just down the road from me....

Good job I didn't need another one as I would be getting upset now.   :sarcastic: 

I'll have to pop in there at some point and see what else they've got lurking on their shelves.

Jason

• Like 1