The McMullen Coal Company Light Railway

Owd Bob

Not quite new but hardly used by the look of it phil' I do still fancy another one yet Idris but i'll shop around and try get to the shows this year, i'll have a wander around the stalls and see whats on offer. This 'Katies body will be stripped off for my almost made saddle tank project, i'll keep the Katie saddle tank for my third and last steamer project, as i do have an idea for the next loco' but the cab and buffers can be sold on or swapped.   ;)

Not quite new but hardly used by the look of it phil' I do still fancy another one yet Idris but i'll shop around and try get to the shows this year, i'll have a wander around the stalls and see whats on offer. This 'Katies body will be stripped off for my almost made saddle tank project, i'll keep the Katie saddle tank for my third and last steamer project, as i do have an idea for the next loco' but the cab and buffers can be sold on or swapped.   ;)

I normally go to elsecar in October and sometimes Llanfair cause the welshpool is open and   in gala mode, get to see the countess or earl in steam . I went to elsecar last year and came away with the green garrett. + get to meet people ive not seen for a few years  phil

I can't drive too far these days for health reasons and rely on swmbo to taxi me around any greater distances, i've been lucky and got lifts to a few shows over the last few years with some very nice folk i've only met through this hobby. I'm hoping to try and resolve my driving probs' soon so i can get further afield this year. Cash is always king at the shows and a good discount can be had after flashing a wad of cash about. :drag:  

• RMweb Gold

A wise move Pinzer. I keep a watchful eye on the second hand shops on the web and Ebay, more as a "what is going on with the market" than seriously considering one.

Might be worth considering if there is a particular thing you are after. Anything Narrow Gauge http://www.anythingnarrowgauge.co.uk/ has a really good museum page so you can research older models.

I have gone back to square one with the cab back as the Gloss Black paint i bought had moisture in it and made a very poor job and was full of lumps & bubbles, so it's all been stripped back down to bare metal.  :butcher: The good news is that my other loco' has just arrived, i'll run this as is until; i'm done with the Jack rebuild.  :smoke:

attachicon.gif2010-02-04 15.06.24.jpg

Lovely!! Just like mine, except mine is Corris red, and has rather more scrape marks on the cylinders.....and the control servo no longer works. But otherwise, identical!

Was up early and being a lovely morn' thought i'd have a couple of quiet hours testing out the long incline up to the canal basin before the rat race got out of their pits, still a lot to do detailing wise but i'll get there this year. Lost my driver figure so i had to stick the station master in the cab' :jester:

post-31611-0-30532400-1493886633_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-60283300-1493886682_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-76065700-1493886724_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-23348800-1493886773_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-09171000-1493886818_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-21362400-1493886913_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-04738300-1493887003_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-02350200-1493887053_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-70669500-1493887097_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-63931300-1493887138_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-61531200-1493887185_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

The loco' coped very well on the incline NM as it's double motored and powered on both axles, it crawled up nice and slowly but could have shot up with a bit more on the volume control.....turned all the way up to 11 :jester: i've lost a lot of clutter from around the pit yard and will have to make some more, God knows were the driver has got to...you know him well Idris 'cos its that Oswald Moseley fellow... :crazy: The pond has finally settled down to the right level but that freezin' Easterly wind is blowing the barges around like a scale force 9 gale. :mosking:  

Edited by Owd Bob

Thanks Matt' really nice to see you here! :)  Lovely looking Loco's and detailing, and those pics' help me out a lot 'cos i was thinking about painting up all the handrails and knobs Black and now you've confirmed it for me. Not sure i can afford the lining though! :mosking:   Do you run a Christmas club or payment plan?  :crazy:  :no:

You main problem is your now into live steam. The temptation for a new loco will be everywhere now!

I'm sure if you wanted a bit of lining doing I can find a scheme in your budget. Even the simplest of schemes makes a huge difference

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The loco' coped very well on the incline NM as it's double motored and powered on both axles, it crawled up nice and slowly but could have shot up with a bit more on the volume control.....turned all the way up to 11 :jester: i've lost a lot of clutter from around the pit yard and will have to make some more, God knows were the driver has got to...you know him well Idris 'cos its that Oswald Moseley fellow... :crazy: The pond has finally settled down to the right level but that freezin' Easterly wind is blowing the barges around like a scale force 9 gale. :mosking:  

Oh aye, member of the brown shirt brigade is he?

Here are some of my Jack Owd Bob. Hopefully will spark some inspiration. I really need to do something with the cab back sheet.

Oooh! Another vagrant. Nice to see you Matt!

All these pictures of Jacks are making me hankering after one...

30075124740_9656944c37.jpgimg017 by phil, on Flickr  

Idris   swmbo can drive one of these, the only concern I have is when it has a steering wheel and she's  behind it . I've explained over the years to her  the best place for swmbos is in front of the sink .They are genetically built for it ,with small feet so they can get closer :jester: Is that kettle on dear?!!!   phil

Here are some of my Jack Owd Bob. Hopefully will spark some inspiration. I really need to do something with the cab back sheet.

Indeed, welcome Matt. Good to see you on here! (Incidentally, Harlech arrived intact and in good order. Looks even better in the flesh - many thanks!).

Mike

phil' you crack me up! :jester: probably only you could get away with saying stuff like that about the race from Venus :no: Matt' many thanks for the lining offer i'll be in touch  :mail: and as for buying more loco's i'm limited to three and will happy at that, i'll be back looking through the bins again soon :drag: Got the bits mainly painted up last eve' and NM the Red spray is spot on :) so i got the gloss Black version as well and it's come out just fine. The running boards need priming and spraying up today then hopefully tomorrow i can start the reassembly of 'Bess'  :thankyou:

post-31611-0-97095000-1493971608_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-41535600-1493971645_thumb.jpg

• Like 4