The McMullen Coal Company Light Railway

Owd Bob

Lovely, I particularly like how the loco running bunker first has a lower profile to the coaches its pulling

I've a feeling that once any of the new steamers i've got are connected up to the coaches it'll be the opposite way around Kilian :mosking: The plywood made coaches are an odd ball make and were bought off e-bay and not all at once, i have five of them now but i know nowt about the original makers of 'em, they're ok for what i want them for but i really do fancy a few more for another rake, and the new swb Timpdon ones look really nice and ideal for my small line :) I'm hoping to get the Green steamer out tomorrow and hooked up to the coaches.. :) it's had a good weatherin' now and the body is back on the chassis for good :derisive:

• Like 3

Had great Sunday morn' instead of a full fry up i now have to settle for a full steam up, :jester:  'Bess' the 'Jack' ran the best followed by the Caradoc and the converted katie 'Warrior' came in last and needs its regulator fettling and re-setting for a lower speed control, never mind it's another excuse for a steam up this week :)  :derisive:  

post-31611-0-99108600-1500815749_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-15988200-1500815780_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-22979300-1500815812_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-61458500-1500815874_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-31925800-1500815928_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-24551000-1500815979_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-18854900-1500816034_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-88466200-1500816116_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Lovely pics Bob. The Little red Peckett is my favourite but they are all fab little engines.

It is my fave' loco' and all Jon :yes: I'm hoping to make another similar body shell/saddle tank to swap over onto the latest Green Caradoc loco' this coming Autumn/Winter time. Ian i can't blame you for not wanting to muck up your lovely Lady Anne ;)

Not quite live steam but something i've fancied having for a few years now, and why not spend it whilst you still can etc, so a Sunny Saturday morning trip out to nearby Blackpool taken by my youngest :angel:  saw me purchase these two quite modern loco's, so i've plenty weathering and loads of stuff to keep me busy indoors hopefully for a long while yet.  :jester:

post-31611-0-26616700-1501414651_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-82620800-1501414687_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Lovely stuff Pinzer. But the track doesn't look quite right under those diesels.  :stinker:  :onthequiet:  :angel:

I assume you are going to battery RC them? Certainly nice looking locos. Your tempting me to think about my 7mm colliery railway again. 

Lovely stuff Pinzer. But the track doesn't look quite right under those diesels.  :stinker:  :onthequiet:  :angel:

I assume you are going to battery RC them? Certainly nice looking locos. Your tempting me to think about my 7mm colliery railway again. 

Hoping to get the Timpdon type remote units inside them and a 12v battery pack one day. I think the '40' will struggle with all those wheels on the garden line but the '25' should be ok...i hope :no: Making an indoor module/micro display layout for them soon....not that big mind you Matthew as i have'nt the room indoors really :dontknow:  I've yet to think up a theme in this size/scale. It's just something to store them on and run them probably just a few feet  :jester:  Buying these takes me back to my teens in the mid '70;s, its retail therapy  :sarcastichand: Got a deposit put down on a new Dapol 08 as well :drag: which is due out Aug/Sept. Then that's the lot for now :mosking: I'll have to start another topic in the 7mm thread one day soon :)

• Like 1

Hi bob       http://www.brianjonesmodels.co.uk/   He did a battery conversion of the gauge 1 class 66 with sound and on board battery pack .If you had a chat with him he could probably supply you with the whole lot batt pack speed control receiver etc. I always fit his mac 5 to any battery driven locos I've built or own phil

Due to recent ill health issues i've realised that i'll have to simplify and make my garden line a bit more easy for me to use and especially the access to certain areas, so i had my mate around last week and over the weekend to do a bit of demolishing, the drift mine/pit area on the lower level has now gone and will be fake grassed over, Hoghton Chapel station and the engine shed will move onto the back fence on the recent siding i put in. :jester:

post-31611-0-80981600-1502101793_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-56660000-1502101811_thumb.jpg

A new drift mine/tunnel is being constructed on the old incline to make sense of the coal yard.

post-31611-0-16321000-1502101829_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Sorry to hear your health issues are forcing a re-think of your  railway. Having seen the previous two versions I have no doubt that the revisions will turn out to be a further improvement to the best railway I've seen. 

I hope your health improves very soon.

Ian

Due to recent ill health issues i've realised that i'll have to simplify and make my garden line a bit more easy for me to use and especially the access to certain areas, so i had my mate around last week and over the weekend to do a bit of demolishing, the drift mine/pit area on the lower level has now gone and will be fake grassed over, Hoghton Chapel station and the engine shed will move onto the back fence on the recent siding i put in. :jester:

attachicon.gifDSC02549.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02550.JPG

A new drift mine/tunnel is being constructed on the old incline to make sense of the coal yard.

attachicon.gifDSC02551.JPG

here we go again, hang on everybody its going to be a bumpy ride :butcher: :haha: :lol:

Edited by ossygobbin

Four months on, a random Google search and a very commendable product plug later and I have finally found you again! :D Your line has came on leaps and bounds "Owd Bob", especially the three engines. What's the saying, "like busses..... "! Sorry to hear of your heart attack, least you're on the mend.

Matt

Four months on, a random Google search and a very commendable product plug later and I have finally found you ###### again! :D Your line has came on leaps and bounds "Owd Bob", especially the three engines. What's the saying, "like busses..... "! Sorry to hear of your heart attack, least you're on the mend.

Matt

Really nice to hear from you young Man ;) I do hope you'll post a few bits and bobs and all your great stuff on here now that you've found us :yes:.... and most of the old forum members are here nowadays as well.  :)