Third-Rail EMU Photos

• RMweb Gold

Let's get this back on track!

One of the few occasions I have travelled on SE in the past 10 years and then just a short trip from St. Leonards to Battle and back.

post-14351-0-14872800-1498691544_thumb.jpg

post-14351-0-06608200-1498690931_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 9

Right, back on-message.  Here is a photo that I thought was lost, but a print has turned up in some old papers.  The date is sometime in the 2000s, but I cannot remember exactly when.

post-8139-0-89792000-1498841699_thumb.jpg

377 114 departing from Newhaven Town station. Signal box to the extreme right.

Colin

Edited by Colin parks
  • Like 12

Nice shot.   Looks like a BR 4EPB.

Colin

Yes, one of the later ones with the short headcode panel.

No idea on the signalbox extension - my only other photo doesn't reveal anything other than a slightly different heater vent (?) in the same place as on Metr0land's photo.

Slightly off-topic, but what is that curious extension on the Snodland signal box?

It's so the Signaller could view the road whilst operating the LX barriers - it's CCTV from Outer Mongolia or somewhere nowadays

Edited by Southernman46

Like the photos Grahame.

Bratchell models make a very nice 4 mm scale model of the Class 319 unit. Seeing your first photo reminded me about it.

Thanks.

Of interest to me, and other N/2mm modellers, is that Farish have announce a RTR version of the class 319 in N gauge 1:148 scale. Unfortunately progress is slow with it still being as research and design stage. Apparently, being a still in service unit, they are finding it difficult to access a real unit.

G.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What on Earth is going on in the siding with the 507 or 508 seemingly buffered up to a Mk1 BSK and a standard 20t brake van?

Similar formation with a class 455 delivery in my photo here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/122286-class-465-emu-drag/?p=2705197

loco - 20T brake - Mk1 translator coach - EMUs on delivery - Mk1 translator coach - 20T brake