Third-Rail EMU Photos

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Full house at Bournemouth.

Nice to see platform 1 occupied.  A relatively unusual occurrence these days I would imagine. 

13 hours ago, lmsforever said:

What a waste of money  bad management for certain ,wonder how long this lot will keep franchise.

SWR is no longer a franchise and the DfT call all the shots.  So the answer is "a long time".

Edited by DY444
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

They'll be class 701s Phil.

You're absolutely right, 701015 & 701025 to be precise.

No idea why I typed 720 !! :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Phil.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Greetings from a very wet Winchester...

If nothing else kudos for getting out there and even snapping the shot in that weather.  

• Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, KeithHC said:

Maybe they will follow the 5WES…….."

Keith

Doubt it

The first of the Networkers on SE went for storage at Ely today to make room for the 707s which SE are taking from SWR, which will in turn be replaced by the new Adventas

Edited by phil-b259
  • Informative/Useful 2

6 minutes ago, phil-b259 said:

Doubt it

The first of the Networkers on SE went for storage at Ely today to make room for the 707s which SE are taking from SWR, which will in turn be replaced by the new Adventas

Think you mean Aventras, from Bombardier? Given their track record, the 707's could be in use for some years.....!!

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 18:45, Nearholmer said:

The design was largely the work Henry Puntis, who worked for each in turn, and is still working now. Bob Care I haven't seen for a very long time - he must have retired from BR in the early/mid 1990s , and he was certainly working as a consultant by the late 1990s, because in a weird inversion he came and covered my job for me for several months, long after I'd moved LU, while I was seconded into another role. It was Don Ball I was thinking of when I mentioned a bright spark. Don Pearse went from SR to become HoElectrification at Marylebone IIRC, I certainly remember him being in charge when I was there for a couple of years at the very end of the 1980s.

Some very good memories of that period - very enjoyable, and nearly all great people to work for and with.

ISTR HP commuted from Bournemouth to East Croydon back in the day too .............

I remember a very scary end of Apprentice interview with Don Pierce in 83 when amongst other things he invited me to give him my opinion on which was better DC or AC Electrification ....... jelly legs - these men were akin to Gods to us wee small Apprentices  

• Like 2

On 15/05/2021 at 16:59, Peter Kazmierczak said:

There is something wrong with my calendar; it states that today is the middle of May. 
Greetings from a very wet Winchester...

P1150029 (2).JPG

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the spray .................

• Agree 1

On 12/04/2021 at 20:00, Ncarter2 said:

Hey, at least we get to keep the FABULOUS and FANTASTIC 458’s, every cloud! I wonder if they will be returned to 100mph units, especially if they are being moved away from the Windsor’s. 

I agree but they are start to show their age a bit ............. looking very tatty internally and the significant water leaks through windows I've witnessed over the last couple of days just add to that impression. 

Ok it's now tomorrow and it's a Bl**dy long way to Yeovil Junction on 1L73, so ..................... I admit it's not as good as the Blue or Red but they've taken away the diagonal strips and added the yellow band so I retract all the rude things I might have said about the new SWR livery and grudgingly admit it's grown on me .............. 450025 at Wimbledon West on 05-06-21

P5370511.JPG.b73ba54bc9632094328921a426eb4cd3.JPG

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday was most uncommonly wet. A rarely-photographed event is the cascade of water from the pan-well during a downpour. This was captured at Clapham Junction as a class 450 leans to the cant at platform 9 and the torrent pours from the well drain 

9EB023E6-3B3F-492C-B4B2-16C2C8803CDE.jpeg.740b8fe56c6c3f4784905fe0edde6be6.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1