BRM May 2010

Dicky W

Hello all

Just in case if forget in the run-up to 'Ally Pally' - here's what's inside May's magazine:

News and product reviews

What's coming up from Bachmann and Farish, Hejan JLTRT and Tower Model's latest. Dapol's 'Silver Bullets', OO Works' H Class, Skytrex GWR signal box and new O gauge curved point from Peco are all reviewed.

Layout focus

Loch Tat - the beatiful N gauge West Highland layout from Adrian Lambourne. Prospect Wharf - Mike Bell's fascinating LMS shunting layout in EM and The Dava Project - Iam Lamb's OO gauge community project which appeared at the London Festival of Railway Modelling.

Project

Paul Bason builds some low-relief stone-cast kits from Ten Commandments.

Operation

Phil Greaves concludes his description of prototype operation on his Rhyd-y-Clafdy layout.

Rolling stock

Nigel Burkin upgrades the Hornby (ex-Lima) Class 156, showing how you can improve the model without a full repaint.

Locomotive construction

Nick Dunhill builds the Gresley 'Hush-Hush' from a 7mm Ace Models kit.

Freight only

A heavy conversion job on the Farish N gauge 'Sealion' to produce a 'Whale' by Tony Buckton.

Readers' layouts

Tim Poole's South Herts Railway in OO, Marian Mills in N from Clive Taylor, an interesting Hornby conversion of an A3 from Simon Lathwell, Carssend- based on the North London line in OO from D G Stephens, a father and son N gauge layout from Jonathan Pryke and Brownhills station in OO from Michael J Cattell

Toy Division

Rather than models copying the prototype, how about things the other way round? Thought provoking stuff from David Brown.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sounds another interesting line-up there! I did enjoy the April issue, i must say!

Sounds like we have another fine ambassador for the hobby there and a pretty good British (Hollywood) actor to boot! Mind, i used to know one Tony Curtis don't you know? As well as none other than Timothy Dalton himself! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cheers,

John E.

• 3 weeks later...

My subscription copy arrived today although I did have a quick flick through one on Tuesday at the local model shop where they had copies on sale.

The 'Loch Tat' layout is a great example of N gauge modelling - a railway in a landscape, and what a superb high quality rendition of the landscape (and railway) it is. As an N gauge enthusiast I really look forward to seeing this at an exhibition sometime in the future.

Overall this issue certainly gets the thumbs up from me.

Well done.

G.

Archived