The Dragon's Friendly Light Railway

I really hope you get an answer off him Ossy 'cos heres another website mate who's gone missing with no word for quite a long while now. :dontknow:

hi bob,  didnt realise he hadnt been on for a while.

my garden railway planning is driving me round the bend at the moment, cant decide which way to go regarding construction. lol

hi bob,  didnt realise he hadnt been on for a while.

my garden railway planning is driving me round the bend at the moment, cant decide which way to go regarding construction. lol

I entirely empathise. I have been distracted by some more urgent issues (including a difficult pregnancy, although not mine in case there is any possibility of confusion, and a roof which has decided to partially collapse - that is mine), which are now being resolved, but have now to face much more important matters. Some intermittent good weather here means I must now lay the most important part of the foundations for my garden layout. I had already decided it will be heavily engineered (due to earth movement here) but have now realised it will be quite boring to look at/ photograph, due to the absence of curves and being too close to a wall, in the station and yard area.

I have decided that prevarication required much observation, combined with some red concoction, all tooo readily available here at very reasonable prices, but I digress. My prevarication had become paralysis. A friend, who knows even less about railway construction than I do, simply challenged me to have it finished by a certain date. I have risen to the challenge, and am even now considering how I will achieve this, with a glass or two of said concoction. Job's a good'un.

• 3 months later...

Just noticed that this Garden railway is looking & doing very fine indeed folks, and it's also nice to see the owner & creator looking so fit and well, despite mine and other folks worries about his recent lack of postings or replies.  So it's really glad to see all the recent vids' Matthew has put on youtube. Shame he can't share stuff with us here anymore for whatever reason! :dontknow:  Keep up the good work it's looking really good and coming together well. :)