Heljan announces the development of a Class 50

MGR Hooper!

Didn't the JLTR have a similar front error?

Sort of , yes , it’s no more accurate than Heljans. Unfortunately the JLTRT 50 also has some seriously misproportioned bogie sideframes that have somehow been squashed down in the vertical plane.

Jon

Or people just buy anyway, if they're desperate enough, and put up with the errors, because there's no viable alternative available? In this case, most unfortunately, for now there won't be. 

...and if anyone wants to crow about building kits instead, rather than putting up with sub-standard R-T-R, then:-

1) the JLTRT kit will no longer be available, and was equally - or more - expensive, once wheels/motors/gears/paints/transfers were added, &

2) the Thread about the build of a PRMRP Class 50 kit comes to mind, and what a nightmare for the builder that was - I think he gave up in the end?

I wonder why the builder of the PRMRP Class 50 gave up as its not that difficult to build? I have built several and all of their kits have issues but not insurmountable.

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely. So many armchair experts happy to rubbish a product before ithe final approved sample has been seen, let alone manufactured. All very sad, I wouldn't like to be involved in manufacture these days with so many depressing moaners.

With respect, its all about constructive criticism which is what they ask for and what they got! Plus, as has been said a few times, that tooling won't be changed now, it's too far advanced (financially and time-wise)  to throw it in the bin and start again.

Sorry if some don't like it but I'm not telling lies, if it's not right, I'll say it's not right and spend my hard earned somewhere else.

Just reading tower models website it says we are closely working with preservationists on the model, not sure if that means tower or Heljan. Can’t tower models bring some pressure to Heljan to sort out the minor issues like the Hatton guys with the A4. I’m not a fan of tower after previous dealings but this might be worth them doing.

Just reading tower models website it says we are closely working with preservationists on the model, not sure if that means tower or Heljan. Can’t tower models bring some pressure to Heljan to sort out the minor issues like the Hatton guys with the A4. I’m not a fan of tower after previous dealings but this might be worth them doing.

I heard last week that its not all Heljans fault as there have been problems at the factory not putting right issues that Heljan have raised.

Also that there next diesel will be the Class 56

I heard last week that its not all Heljans fault as there have been problems at the factory not putting right issues that Heljan have raised.

I can quite believe the quality problems. The news about the 56 is music to my ears where did you hear that from.

I can quite believe the quality problems. The news about the 56 is music to my ears where did you hear that from.

Im surprised it taken so long to announce a Class 56 far more worthy than some of their previous releases the ugly duckling looking Falcon for one

• Like 2

Im surprised it taken so long to announce a Class 56 far more worthy than some of their previous releases the ugly duckling looking Falcon for one

Would have liked to have seen a Class 73 announced as well - Lets hope its not too long away.

As you do not specify your source, which of the batch of class 56's, which Gauge (although Hornby have already done the OO Gauge model and Graham Farish I believe did the N gauge), there is not mention of what year/decade/century so at the moment until more details or an official announcement or even some pre-production photographs from a Model Show, then I will take it with a pinch of salt and just see it as another persons wishlist like the Class 58.

At least the announcement on the next batch of Dapol O Gauge Class 08's on FB has a whole host of info including CAD images, and Dapol did mention in their Newsletter they were planning a new batch later on this year. HJ have not mentioned anything as yet on their next model/s.

As you do not specify your source, which of the batch of class 56's, which Gauge (although Hornby have already done the OO Gauge model and Graham Farish I believe did the N gauge), there is not mention of what year/decade/century so at the moment until more details or an official announcement or even some pre-production photographs from a Model Show, then I will take it with a pinch of salt and just see it as another persons wishlist like the Class 58.

At least the announcement on the next batch of Dapol O Gauge Class 08's on FB has a whole host of info including CAD images, and Dapol did mention in their Newsletter they were planning a new batch later on this year. HJ have not mentioned anything as yet on their next model/s.

Read the previous posts as everybody can see what i am talking about.

Read the previous posts as everybody can see what i am talking about.

I have... Read mine... Your post sounds like idle gossip as there is no credible evidence.

Your evidence is circumstantial. I prefer genuine proof from a credible source not platform or public house rumours!

As for what companies allegedly said they would release in the past. I would take that with a heavy pinch of salt. Lot of things have been talked about but never happened!

I have... Read mine... Your post sounds like idle gossip as there is no credible evidence.

Your evidence is circumstantial. I prefer genuine proof from a credible source not platform or public house rumours!

As for what companies allegedly said they would release in the past. I would take that with a heavy pinch of salt. Lot of things have been talked about but never happened!

Sounds like lawyer speak to me lol. It’s a hobby please it’s for fun, rumours are part of it. I’m sure we’ll get a 56 sometime.

• Like 1

Sounds like lawyer speak to me lol. It’s a hobby please it’s for fun, rumours are part of it. I’m sure we’ll get a 56 sometime.

I would hope so and I hope Heljan may prove me wrong as I would definitely buy a couple but at the moment this would be down my list of priorities along with searching for intelligent life in space (as per the Monty Python Universe Song), looking for the Loch Ness Monster and also solving the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle :)

Jolly good

Wasnt there someone else was thinking of producing this?

Not heard that Captain C - But would like Heljan to do the 73 (No kits for me :nono: )  and whilst we on the subject how about a 205 Thumper :good: in RTR, I think one day we will have it all.

Taken this from Heljan's facebook page...

Thanks to Brian Daniels for these photos of our Class 50 engineering sample painted in BR blue, numbered and named. Refurbished BR blue is just one livery that will be available when these models are released. Other options include large logo BR blue (grey roof), original and revised NSE, GWR150 green 50007 and Railfreight grey 50149. Don’t forget that Hattons Model Railways has also commissioned exclusive models of Railtour pair 50008 in Laura departmental blue and 50015 in ‘Dutch’ grey yellow.

36611850_1961338940595629_36854941537492

36561169_1961338937262296_54681734715843

Anyone for Laura?  :jester:  :jester:  :jester: 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Ben Jones replied to a comment of mine on Facebook. He said it’s the same model we have been previously shown, just painted, and that several areas of contention are being looked at and tweaked. A very good sign indeed.

• Like 2