Heljan announces the development of a Class 50

MGR Hooper!

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Oh dear…… I like 50s..... and was very tempted..... then I seen the class 33s..... hmmmmm. lol

well, I am having a 50, just for my 33’s to tow around. 

having looked at them at the show, my wallet will be empty for months to come with the 50 and 33’s

• RMweb Premium

I think the 50s are meant to be at sea at present to arrive in December. It is, of course, a notoriously long paddle from those shores.

Incidentally good to see my efforts in doing the original 33 silencer weren't completely wasted as they haven't tooled that!

13 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Tower website says the 50s are at sea and due to dock on 17th Dec, which is extremely tight to clear customs and deliver pre xmas.

Bare in mind that is when they hope that they dock in Rotterdam and not the UK. Weather permitting etc.

I would not be placing any money on when they will arrive in the UK at shops before being sent to customers.

It would be nice if they did arrive before but don’t be disappointed if they don’t.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

We’ve been invoiced today, so I’m expecting them in the next 2-3 days

2 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

We’ve been invoiced today, so I’m expecting them in the next 2-3 days

Have you been invoiced yet? If so, what timeframe are you expecting them in? :jester:

3 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

You posted a few minutes after the second post by Gareth, so the forum software added those minutes on. *seemples* :rolleyes:;)

Not that simple. The difference in timing between Gareth's and my posts (4) is not the same as that shown by the forum software (2). :huh:

24 minutes ago, truffy said:

Not that simple. The difference in timing between Gareth's and my posts (4) is not the same as that shown by the forum software (2). :huh:

Just a delay in the system, then. Considering that once we press 'send', our posts have to go through the Interweb, probably via a satelite or two, through the RMweb servers, get checked personally by Andy Y (because that's all he does all day :mosking: ) and finally get actually posted up on the threads, I'm not surprised there's a time lag. :no: :sarcastichand:

On 16/12/2019 at 11:59, GEARJAMMER said:

Surprised Heljan ain't air freighted a few finished examples over for the reviewers/magazines to cast an eye over to tempt people to buy them when they do land en-mass in the containers.

I think you will find these long awaited models will sell out!

Alan

• Agree 1

Lovely !

-  A alight c*ck up on the revised NSE one though - the top of the nose (where the washer jets sit) should be yellow not blue - but hey , keeps the airbrushing skills polished - and Heljans colors are usually nice and easy to match :good:  They'll scrub up very nicely indeed.

tfn

Jon