Kernow MRC - weathered NSE-branded ScotRail 47706

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
On 01/08/2020 at 17:10, rob D2 said:

Seem to be struggling to shift a lot of Ltd edition diesels ....guess there’s not much money around with an impending recession ?

Kernow produced a lot of Class 47 limited editions over a relatively short period and indeed some others, such as 47625 City of Truro, 47628 in GWR green and Scotrail 47712, became Bachmann regional sales rep limited editions. They may well have been conceived at different times but then all produced at about the same time, overloading the market.

The Bachmann Rep. versions seem to have sold well, so a lot may be down to a large segment of the purchasing public not knowing about Kernow, much in the same way many only know of and buy Hornby. But I don't doubt they will sell out over time, not least as Bachmann's all new prices rise and these limited editions become relatively cheap enough to be good for repainting projects.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bought one a week ago, and am in the process of renumbering to 47707, and back dating to it's Eastfield days.

I had the preprinted NSE logos and numbers off within ten minutes, as well as the castles, and one of the Westies, as it sat too low. The former location of the numbers and logos isn't too noticeable, and will vanish completely under a dusting of matt varnish.

IMG_20201012_170411.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Look what turned up today.....

I have had my eye on one of these Kernow class 47 for some time, however my budget has been required elsewhere on more ‘essential’ items for the layout.

Well if you don’t have a baseboard you can’t run anything!

Anyhow, yesterday afternoon I placed my order & less than 24hrs later, a knock at the door & the postman had a parcel for me. 
Superb service - thank you Kernow.

And the loco?

Outstanding!

Highly recommended. The distressing on the class 47 is incredible.

If you are considering this loco & are unsure, I can certainly recommend this.

72A221BD-A972-4BF7-90B8-8CC09BD81751.jpeg

Edited by CB Rail
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Compliments of the season to you all.

Here is my de-branded ScotRail 47.706 ahead a rake of Mk 2 coaches in the colourful Network South East livery waiting to depart platform 2 with the 19.07 to the South West as a Crompton trundles through platform 3 with a cement train heading towards the Capital......

Enjoy.

IMG_3446.PNG

• Like 4

I have a theory, that the plates were removed "around April 1986" because the Council would no longer fund them- I think I read something way back when but can't recall fully. And, 37405 was named "Strathclyde Region" on 11/4/86??? Wonder if there's a pic of both named together?