The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Some Sad News Regarding Our Dad

edcayton

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty sure my Dad (edcayton) spent a fair amount of time on this forum. It saddens us deeply to let you know that he died this morning. We don't know much at the minute other than that it was peaceful. We'll put up the details of any funeral arrangements at a later date.

Ken & Sam Cayton (His Sons)

Very sorry to hear that news.

I will remember his kindness in chipping in a few quid to keep the place running in the days the place ran on a shoestring.

My thoughts are with you Ken and Sam and I am grateful it was peaceful.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Really sorry to hear that, I only knew him on here but he was certainly a valuable contributor to the forum.

Condolences to you, his family, and to all his friends.

RIP.

Edited by PhilH

I had known Ed on and off for many years before RMweb came along and it was good to make contact with him again.  I knew that he had not been in the best of health for a while but the news of his passing has come as a shock and brought with it great sadness.  I will miss his gentle, well-placed humour.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ken and Sam, I am very sorry to hear this news. I had known your dad online in Early Risers for some time and was very pleased when he came and introduced himself at the St Neots show a few weeks ago. We had a good conversation and it was a pleasure to meet him face to face. He will be sadly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family at this time.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

So sorry to hear of your loss. I can only echo what others have said - this community will be diminished without him, but the family's loss is much greater. Thank you indeed for taking the time to let us know.

Phil

Oh dear. Sad news indeed. I only ever "knew" Ed in an online sense but if I'm saddened, I can't begin to imagine how deeply that sadness runs amongst family and "real-world" friends. Sympathies to all.

• RMweb Premium

So sorry to hear this. Like others I don't really know your Dad, only through his postings on this forum .Always a gentleman and helpful in his postings. Having also lost my Mother and Father over the last two years I feel for you. While the grief is raw try always to remember the good times with your Dad, I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face . It helps me . Take care of yourselves.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Ed was 'one of us' in early risers and as such I was aware he hadn't enjoyed the best of health for some time, but this is a terrible shock.  My deepest condolences to you both and your families.

Neil