The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Some Sad News Regarding Our Dad

edcayton

Like many, I only knew Ed from his regular and valued posting on here. Having read some from him in recent days this really has come as a shock.

That his death was ultimately peaceful is some consolation.

Deepest condolences to Ken, Sam and Ed's other family and friends.

• Like 1

As a new member I never knew Ed, but reading the above comments he was a well-respected contributor and as part of this family he will be missed.

My condolences to his family.

I'd had the pleasure of reading Ed's comments and gentle humour for a considerable time - so sorry to hear that he has departed this world. My sincere commiserations.

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 1

Ken and Sam,

Your dad was a much liked contributor to this forum and will be greatly missed by us. 

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time as you try to come to terms with your loss.

Andy 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ken, Sam and family

Like a lot of us here on rmweb forums, we may never have met, but we all "knew" your Dad via the internet. He will be greatly missed on here, but I'm sure that it will be harder for you all.

Deepest sympathy

Brian W.

• RMweb Gold

Very sad news and condolences to Ken and Sam and your families and friends touched by Ed's death.

I first met him at breakfast time at Railex some years ago and that seemed to establish a continuing pattern of meeting him, albeit not every year, at breakfast time at Railex and then coming across him as we made our way round the show.  I understand that his health had been in decline for some time but that never seemed to affect his spirit and his intention to still get out and about, or his ability to come out with some superb 'one liner' posts which at times betrayed an impish sense of humour lurking within.

We'll miss him on here (and at breakfast time at Stoke Mandeville on the second day of Railex)

• Like 2

Ken and Sam,

I'm so sorry to learn this. I always enjoyed the banter and observations Ed provided, especially in the ER section that so many of us knew him from.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts this weekend as you deal with your and our loss.

Like so many on this and other forums, these sad circumstances happen and apart from friends and family very few have had personal contact or acquaintance but are none the less affected as they would by their own loss.

Brian.

• Like 1

I too would like to add my condolences. The news took the wind out of my sails this morning. I only knew Ed through RMweb and like every one else has already said he will be missed. 

Very sorry to read the sad News of Ed's passing. Although I'm not a regular contributor to the ER Section, I often call in and have a read though, as others have said, he will be missed.

Deepest condolences to all his Family.

Andy.

How absolutely unexpected and what terribly tragic news.  I am so, so sorry.  

Ed, you were well liked and respected on here, and your wise contributions were highly valued by us all.

Hi Guys, firstly Sam and myself would like to say how touched we were to see how many people valued our Father's unique sense of humour. Thank you for the tributes.

We've organised the funeral for the 28th of April and here are the details:

10:15 Funeral service at:
Harwood Park Crematorium
Watton Road
Datchworth
Stevenage 
Hertfordshire
SG2 8XT

11:30 Wake at: 
The Willows 
271 Broadwater Crescent
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG2 8ET

We've decided family flowers only, and will be asking for donations for the Cinnamon Trust as they've done so much to help with re-homing Alfie.

Hope to see you there.