Cambrian Railways 4 plank with sheet rail ?

Is there a photo etc., anywhere that shows the wagon end detail with the sheet rail attachment.

A photo that explains how it all works at 1:1 scale.
I can see how it fits together on the Cambrian Models C111 kit,

but I can't get my head round how it would work - e,g, the sheet rail dropped to one side - on the prototype.
I like to understand these things, even if I can't model them.

I have resolved my question.

But many thanks to Corneliouslundie who advised me the details can found on

HMRS Drg No.26174 "4 Plank - 10 Ton High Sided With Sheet Rigging, 9ft w/b, 18ft o/a".

I haven't referred to this drawing, but if somebody wants the definitive answer, that's where to look.

The drawing supplied with the kit is as per this :

post-6979-0-90877600-1491921860_thumb.jpg

But I couldn't work out how the sheet rail swung to one side, where the fulcrum point was, or how the sheet rail (length of brass rod in kit) was fixed to anything on a 1:1 scale item.  Incidently, I believe the items marked '4' and '6'on the etch are a couple of flaps (?) joined together by a hinge, so part '6' would be lifted to enable the sheet rail to be moved / dropped down to one side.  Or the person who wanted the sheet rail down would have to tug the rail away from the slot to enable the rail to move, both ends at the same time !!!!!

Finally the penny dropped and on the drawings below, first some of the sketchy calcs using PaintShopPro (very old version) and on this I have the rail at 30 deg above horizontal:

post-6979-0-87746400-1491921883_thumb.jpg

And finally that 'X' is the fulcrum point and thus there is a bolt though the bits, and at 'Y' there will be some sort of bolt through to stop the Sheet rail going to far down by going into the notch areas of this cross bit, though I accept the top of the wagon sides will do that anyway, but at least I have worked out what those notches are in the piece called '2' in the kit

post-6979-0-97337900-1491921909_thumb.jpg

Now if I'm wrong, I apologise, but I couldn't be bothered to wait for a drawing, and a suitable photo, well apparently hen's teeth (or even a tooth) would be easier to find.

Thats the trouble having been an engineer, one needs to know.... :no: 

I found a simpler approach; omitted the sheet rail!

Ah, yes, but I have more than enough none colliery wagons* without a sheet rail.

I have around 60 already, so something different is a sort of plus.

I thought I would pay the extra and have a sheet rail.

* Colliery wagons, at the last census there were some 140 on the layout.....

Archived