New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Query for Rails.....

not seen a  date by which  orders need to be placed ? - will it be by date or will it be when the current planned production run total is reached??

Query for Rails.....

not seen a  date by which  orders need to be placed ? - will it be by date or will it be when the current planned production run total is reached??

Hi, Orders do not need to be placed by a specific date, however preordering is advised to avoid disappointment.

We also always try to despatch in date order.

Thanks

Oliver

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest spet0114

Looks very nice indeed (and I'm definitely buying one)......but......

Is it me, or is the panelling a bit on the deep side? 

Some of it could be due to the shadows, but looking at the model, the vents above the doors look essentially flush with the panelling, but if you look at the prototype, they seem to stand proud.

See, for example...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15038/7943699196

(not my photo)

Edited by spet0114

Pre production photo so looking at that condition only , no need for no hand wringing, end of the world , etc etc..

On this version they windows/frames look very deep . Raised lines around doors when they should be sunk. Door Vents, do look too flush to me as well. 

Don't think much of the Teak effect paint either  :jester:  :jester: .

• Like 1

Could Rapido please make some NER clerestory style coaches, and even a push-pull set. These would look stunning if the standard was similar to this.

If truly NER, as opposed to ex-NER, I would subscribe.  In full NE crimson they would be stunning, and Rapido will have shown it can master this style of coach.

Pricey, but I dare say worth it. 

Doubtless it could be done, but how many would stump up is the question? 

If the Blue Pullman was considered marginal, a rake of crimson or teak clerestories might, sadly, be considered unsuitable for RTR production.  

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the images of our unpainted pre-production sample dynamometer car.

Final tweaks are been made but I'm sure most would agree it is coming along nicely!

The next stage will be a painted livery sample which is due shortly. 

Huge amount pre-sold so we advise pre-ordering to secure yours.

Pre-Orders yours today

LNER Dynamometer Car - Version 1 LNER teak livery, as No. 23591, as it was at 3 July 1938 for the Mallard world speed record breaking run

LNER Dynamometer Car - Version 2 LNER livery as it ran post 1946, as No. 902502, as it was for the 1948 British Railways locomotive exchange trials

post-31247-0-59339400-1505744870_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-46590600-1505744878_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-03767200-1505744890_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-27917600-1505744900_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-19167800-1505744909_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-52625200-1505744919_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-59105800-1505744949_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oliver Rails
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Cant see any differences from previous sample ??.

Sort out the raised edge to the Doors !!

Large ish gaps around the side mouldings and very heavy looking  handrails to the side of the  Doors. 

Doors: photos of the prototype give the impression of raised edges at the bottom.

http://www.nrm.org.uk/OurCollection/LocomotivesAndRollingStock/CollectionItem?objid=1975-7050

Gaps: I'm giving Rapido the benefit of the doubt on this.  The fit isn't good but these aren't the finished article.

Handrails: they look quite chunky on the real thing too.

I'm really keen to see how the teak works out.  It is perhaps the most difficult aspect.

Doors: photos of the prototype give the impression of raised edges at the bottom.

http://www.nrm.org.uk/OurCollection/LocomotivesAndRollingStock/CollectionItem?objid=1975-7050

Gaps: I'm giving Rapido the benefit of the doubt on this.  The fit isn't good but these aren't the finished article.

Handrails: they look quite chunky on the real thing too.

I'm really keen to see how the teak works out.  It is perhaps the most difficult aspect.

Sorry the Doors are no different from any other door i.e there is a gap between door and frame not a outward shaped curve as on this model.  Looks like something from the 1970's Lima or similar mouldings.

Door side Handrails are flat about a 1 inch wide  in real life , these look much wider. Hornby mange much narrower version albeit shorter in length ,on their Gresley Coaches.

Hmmmmmmmmmm?

http://www.nrm.org.uk/globalmedia/DF071179_2.png

27655330376_ac6ed25a1f_o.jpgLNER Dynamometer Car 902502 16042016 by Rossendalian2013, on Flickr

8096152241_0e0cef10c3_o.jpgNon-Passenger Stock: LNER 902502 Dynamometer Car NRM York by emdjt42, on Flickr

P

• Like 5