New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

Yes; he's certainly a bitter soul isn't he? 

That's as maybe - but I doubt that there'd be a long queue to take on Adrian's health issues !!

A little compassion and cutting some tolerant slack wouldn't go amiss .

Can any of us be certain that such circumstances wouldn't have the same effect on us ?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

That's as maybe - but I doubt that there'd be a long queue to take on Adrian's health issues !!

Having lost too many close family members and friends to cancer I am not wishing ill on anyone but it's no excuse for being consistently rude, spiteful and damaging to people over several years. He may have knowledge but it's of little use to anyone if he just alienates anyone who may benefit from his support.

• RMweb Gold

Why we have to name the individual concerned rather defeats me.We are all too aware of his reputation and past demeanours and for goodness sake his health issues are an entirely private matter .I speak as can doubtless many others of experiencing a recent "journey" through my own wife's episode with breast cancer and all that it entails.One thing I discovered is that the chemo lounge and radiology generate both compassion....and optimism.At no point did I witness anything but hope and optimism in those under treatment.

Off topic and end of.

This is a place to discuss model trains, and I'm sure for many of us a sanctuary from 'real life' problems, let's keep it that way.

On topic, from all I have seen of this model, it could well be one of the best RTR OO gauge models of all time. I can hardly wait for mine (later version) to arrive. I really hope that Rapido are here in the British market to stay.

Why we have to name the individual concerned rather defeats me.We are all too aware of his reputation and past demeanours and for goodness sake his health issues are an entirely private matter .I speak as can doubtless many others of experiencing a recent "journey" through my own wife's episode with breast cancer and all that it entails.One thing I discovered is that the chemo lounge and radiology generate both compassion....and optimism.At no point did I witness anything but hope and optimism in those under treatment.

Off topic and end of.

If members insist on posting references to postings on another group, by a person banned from this group, and hint (extremely unsubtly) at his identity, I reserve the right to refer to circumstances which might explain his attitude.

I am pleased to hear that your experience of this vile disease has been of optimism - let us hope that the rest of us could summon up the same positive view of life if so afflicted. I am by no means convinced that I would be able to rise above things in the same way.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Mine arrived early this morning and I think it's great and my disabled 86 year old dad loves it. Thanks to Rails and Rapido for producing this model. It's the most I've ever spent on a single OO gauge coach and I will probably never do so again but I'm very happy with mine.

If I had one criticism (and it's a very minor one) that would be, for an expensive special edition model, the outer box feels like a flimsy budget range affair and I was hoping for something more sturdy. Saying that though, who looks at the box when the contents are far more interesting :)

Do I have a use for the coach? Nope, I model BR Blue from the late 70's to mid 80's, do I regret paying so much for a single coach? Not one bit. It's a fantastic little model. Again thank to Rails and Rapido.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

No photos of one in action yet ?

I suspect we are waiting for more photos of the model, please! I rather expected a rush of such photos, given it is such an iconic coach and clearly a wonderful model.

John Storey

Rang up and paid off the remainder for version 2 the other day, while I still had the money as the end of the month is when my bank account goes crazy.

Looking forward to the coach arriving ( I know it may take a little long) and looking on here she's going to be well worth the money and waiting time .

With this and the single due any second I better get on with my layout :/ ...

Edited by jamie.dunn