Italian fully automated layout

giulio.barberini

Just superb. You've already posted quite a few pictures that would grace the realism thread.

My personal favourite so far is the one of the road surface (the one above the printed portal). It's very simple yet there is so much subtle variation in the road surface (colouring, texture, marks, potholes, etc.), not to mention the shadows and the road sign. Show that to most people and I really don't think they would realise/believe it's a model. Wonderful. 

Please keep the photos coming!

• Like 1

Superb modelling. The level of detail and quality is outstanding. Thought I'd post a prototype photo simply to show how realistic the modelling is!

post-7898-0-71689200-1492514319_thumb.jpg

ps. I'll be going to Desenzano, Lago di Garda, for my summer holiday later this year.

Edited by Alcanman
  • Like 2

Guest Midland Mole

Absolutely stunning work! The details are mind blowing. I really look forward to seeing more pictures. :)

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

I just wish there were more options for Italian models in N.

Seconded both on the fantastic standard of modelling by Giulio and as another modeller lamenting the lack support for Italian prototypes in N. 

Inspired by holidaying on the Ligurian coast and the Ventimiglia-Genova line, 10 years ago I began a (stillborn) project to model the single line through Sanremo in N. I got as far as the baseboards before realising that the options in Italian N were minimal to nil (probably shoudl have realised sooner!). A real shame as the ability of N to depict railways in the landscape would work well with so many Italian scenes - and a little frustrating given the wealth of support for German/Austrian/Swiss prototypes.

But, Italian N has improved with a trickle of rolling stock from Fleischmann - FS branded Eaos gondola, the odd piggyback wagon and Shimmns wagon. PIRATA have also commissioned the Eurofirma coaches in XMPR livery from Fleischmann (currently on their way to me). This has tempted me to revive my hope of modelling the Ligurian coast in N, albeit on a much reduced scale. 

Ben - if Revolution don't think that commissioning and selling UK electrics is challenging enough I'd happily support an E656/E444R project in N...

Failing that I think Del Prado locomotives of the world body + TomyTec chassis is the way forward for the time being!