Locomotionmodels.com NEW RELEASES...

• RMweb Gold

Has there been an official announcement about a model, or is this just a bit of wishful thinking? I've had a look on the locomotion website, but can't see anything.

At Warley, asked about further runs of 46229, they said yes potentially, but not for a few years, as they have a full list of models already planned.

So i’d take that as an indication more is coming.

A class 31 was kind of hinted, but looking at the 2018 range I didn’t see where, though Kernow has 2 listed, it raises the chances.

A class 40 (or two) must be a potential for 2018, given all the anniversaries.

850 Lord Nelson and probably a streamlined 6229 would be easy targets too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I see City of Truro has a price now - £149.00.

I've ordered the earlier version - ie, 3440 - as I believe that is a better representative of how it was when it did the infamous 100mph run. Is that thoery correct?

Also, what stock would CoT have run with? Clerestory coaches and the odd 'Western Night Mail' coach?

Thanks.

Edited by IamDaniel

I see City of Truro has a price now - £149.00.

I've ordered the earlier version - ie, 3440 - as I believe that is a better reprenitive of how it was when it did the infamous 100mph run. Is that thoery correct?

Also, what stock would CoT have run with? Clerestory coaches and the odd 'Western Night Mail' coach?

Thanks.

I don't know what was in the record breaking train, I believe it was mainly mail vans, but as they were express passenger locomotives at the time then I would think they mainly pulled Toplights, Concertinas and Dreadnoughts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaches_of_the_Great_Western_Railway

But yes, clerestories were still quite common at the time. Unfortunately there isn't a great deal available RTR. Unless you can build kits then the closest you can get is the Hornby clerestories.

http://www.gwr.org.uk/kits4rtrcoaches.html

Jason

I don't know what was in the record breaking train, I believe it was mainly mail vans, but as they were express passenger locomotives at the time then I would think they mainly pulled Toplights, Concertinas and Dreadnoughts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaches_of_the_Great_Western_Railway

But yes, clerestories were still quite common at the time. Unfortunately there isn't a great deal available RTR. Unless you can build kits then the closest you can get is the Hornby clerestories.

http://www.gwr.org.uk/kits4rtrcoaches.html

Jason

Thanks for the info - that's really useful. I have four of the Hornby clerestories and a Western Night Mail coach, so it's just a case of tracking down other clerestories on Ebay.

• 3 months later...

I see no-one has mentioned this forthcoming announcement for a special twin pack that is being done. Whatever it is is supposed to be announced this week, but apart from one post on facebook there is nothing.

Cheers,

Edited by 60800

• RMweb Premium

As already said on Facebook, the listing doesn't say what make or version is "Mallard"with or without Hornby's awful gold wheels and motion , gloss finish etc etc.

Andy posted on the other thread it’s a Gloss finished top spec Hornby A4.

Looking at what is in the national collection (locomotives wise) and hasn't been produced (in current liveries) but does have the right tooling in existence, through a variety of manufacturers:

LSWR T9, 30120, current livery is BR black and in operation, Hornby

LMS 4F, 4027, currently undergoing an overhaul, ran in LMS black at Rainhill 150, Hornby, could a run in two liveries as done previously with Hornby/Rails.

SR King Arthur Class, 777 'Sir Lamiel', static in SR malachite green, Hornby

SR 850 'Lord Nelson', static in malachite green, Hornby new tooling (has been made previously by Bachmann though)

BR Class 87, 87001 'Stephenson/Royal Scot, static BR Blue, Hornby new tooling

BR Class 31, 5500/31018, BR Blue, Hornby, could do two liveries same as previously mentioned

BR Class 08/09s, 13079, 08911, 09017, various liveries with NRM branding, Hornby or Bachmann

BR Class 40, D200, non operational currently, BR Green (no warning panels), Bachmann

BR Class 33, D6535, operational in BR Blue, Heljan (although perhaps unlikely)

BR Class 03, D2090, operational in BR Green (no warning panels), Bachmann

BR Class 37, D6700, BR Green, Bachmann

GWR Railcar, No 4, static in Brown/Cream, Dapol

Some are more likely than others but interesting to see there is still a wide variety available to make without having to commission new tooling (should manufacturers agree).

• Like 1

Jason

IIRC, record breaking run 1904, Dreadnoughts 1905, Concertinas 1906, then toplights.

So, choccy and cream clerestories are your best fit. 

Not aware that the tooling has changed, therefore my assumption would be that tooling plus Indian Red frames = as preserved.

Change to black frames from 1906.

I think I worked out that you could probably tweak a Bachmann black-framed version back to c.1911, but that's just me bein' fussy, o'course.

• 1 month later...

So are they going to bother announcing an NCIM 87001 before I waste my money on 87035? There is that convenient R number gap and I would have hoped that they would have been ahead of the game a little bit with this one.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

I have also just had an email from locomotion saying that the Black frame City Of Truro I reserved is due in stock 15/10/18 and the price is £149 plus postage. 

Also note that the email came into my junk folder so if you don't see a message in your main folder, check the junk!

Just had an email saying the red framed Truro will be available next week. £149.00.

Me to. Forgot I put a 10p reservation for one in April last year. There was no price quoted at the time, so seems like a reasonable cost. Should I ask for my 10p back!!!

Edited by rembrow

Just had an email saying the red framed Truro will be available next week. £149.00.

I haven't seen an email, and I have checked the junk folder. I had to change my email address a few months ago and I know Locomotion has my correct one, as they used it during the Stirling Single crisis. Seems there are still system problems there. I have emailed them to try and sort it. Phone is a bit painful from the other side of the world. 

I haven't seen an email, and I have checked the junk folder. I had to change my email address a few months ago and I know Locomotion has my correct one, as they used it during the Stirling Single crisis. Seems there are still system problems there. I have emailed them to try and sort it. Phone is a bit painful from the other side of the world.

Kym I sent you a PM about this before I sent the emails back

Regards

Stuart

• Like 1