Locomotionmodels.com NEW RELEASES...

Another thought; what do we reckon on the shade of green?  I have always liked Bachmann's rendering of GW green, but most of the models are firmly within the Grouping period.  What shade does the preserved loco wear, because I would have thought that pre-WW1 the shade was noticeably darker? 

Another thought; what do we reckon on the shade of green?  I have always liked Bachmann's rendering of GW green, but most of the models are firmly within the Grouping period.  What shade does the preserved loco wear, because I would have thought that pre-WW1 the shade was noticeably darker? 

Truro was painted with the 'GWR' green being used at the time - the BR 1957 mix. It went darker when repainted as 3717 for Swindon museum in the 1960's. When extracted and sent to the SVR, the layers of paint were used as a guide and closely matched to the 1957 repaint for the 1985 celebrations.

Mike Wiltshire

Truro was painted with the 'GWR' green being used at the time - the BR 1957 mix. It went darker when repainted as 3717 for Swindon museum in the 1960's. When extracted and sent to the SVR, the layers of paint were used as a guide and closely matched to the 1957 repaint for the 1985 celebrations.

Mike Wiltshire

Thanks, Mike.  This caused me to re-visit http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriesloco1900.html, and I note the quote:

The Locomotive Volume 1, No. 3, March 1896 states: "The engines of the Great Western Railway are painted chrome green ...  Express and passenger engines built at Swindon are painted a lighter green than the goods and tank engines turned out of the same shops ..."

Here is a great picture of City of Truro preserved in 1906 livery, giving an indication of what to expect from the Locomotion model: http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriesloco1906.html

Thanks, Mike.  This caused me to re-visit http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriesloco1900.html, and I note the quote:

The Locomotive Volume 1, No. 3, March 1896 states: "The engines of the Great Western Railway are painted chrome green ...  Express and passenger engines built at Swindon are painted a lighter green than the goods and tank engines turned out of the same shops ..."

Here is a great picture of City of Truro preserved in 1906 livery, giving an indication of what to expect from the Locomotion model: http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriesloco1906.html

Having seen the pre-pro Locomotion preserved livery model on display at York, which is exactly the same as the first NRM run, I have no reason to believe that the new black frames run will differ in any way from the previous Bachmann 31-725ANRM livery.

Mike Wiltshire

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, All three models now available to reserve for 10p, check the main page locomotionmodels.com. Images and information to follow

Simon

Thanks, but there is an issue with your website. For me to place an order from Canada I have to pay £8.00 shipping on a £0.10 pre order? Both the collect at Shildon or free U.K. Shipping options will not let me enter a Canadian address, the international shipping option will, but I'm not paying $16.00 for a $0.20 reservation (exchange rate rounded for convenience, it's not quite 2:1 anymore).

Any insight on what to do would be appreciated, or if I can just place a reservation via email.

Cheers,

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, but there is an issue with your website. For me to place an order from Canada I have to pay £8.00 shipping on a £0.10 pre order? Both the collect at Shildon or free U.K. Shipping options will not let me enter a Canadian address, the international shipping option will, but I'm not paying $16.00 for a $0.20 reservation (exchange rate rounded for convenience, it's not quite 2:1 anymore).

Any insight on what to do would be appreciated, or if I can just place a reservation via email.

Cheers,

Stephen

I put in all my details and left the country as UK. Then I just emailed and asked them to change the details on the order. I'm in New Zealand and it worked for me. Edited by Hilux5972

Guest spet0114

Let me ask again ;

Do either of the newly announced models of City of Truro accurately represent her as she ran on British Railways rails in ordinary service and on specials from 1957 to 1961 ?

Yes, the 3440 one.

• 5 months later...

Any updates when City of Truro is due? I've placed a pre-order, but haven't paid the £50 deposit - I take it I can either pay for it in full in one go or do the £50/remaining balace thing when it arrives?

We are expecting delivery end of February 2018 however this is subject to change as amendments are being made on the model.

if you have reserved the model there is no need to do anything else until you are contacted by us to pay for the model approximately 4 weeks prior to release.

Many thanks

Simon & Stuart

We are expecting delivery end of February 2018 however this is subject to change as amendments are being made on the model.

if you have reserved the model there is no need to do anything else until you are contacted by us to pay for the model approximately 4 weeks prior to release.

Many thanks

Simon & Stuart

Thanks guys. Do you know how much CoT and Evening Star will cost, please? Or when you'll be announcing prices?

• 1 month later...

FYI, City of Truro is now due next summer.

Was there a source for that news? Not disputing it, but don't want to move it in my budget to later in the year when the last comment above from Locomotion Models was expecting in February.  I'm quite happy if its later in the year.

Cheers

Stephen

Was there a source for that news? Not disputing it, but don't want to move it in my budget to later in the year when the last comment above from Locomotion Models was expecting in February.  I'm quite happy if its later in the year.

Cheers

Stephen

Yes, I spoke to Simon and Stuart at Warley.

• 1 month later...
Guest spet0114

Has there been an official announcement about a model, or is this just a bit of wishful thinking? I've had a look on the locomotion website, but can't see anything.