Locomotionmodels.com NEW RELEASES...

Kym I sent you a PM about this before I sent the emails back

Regards

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.  My apologies. 

I did not know that RMWeb had a PM facility until now! It seems that the default is no notification, so I have changed that. 

I have now placed my order and sent you my email address. I appreciate the trouble that you have taken.

Kind regards,

Kym

• Like 1

As did I. Did anyone else not get a confirmation email? I'm using Hotmail if it makes any difference, and yes I have checked my junk and spam folders...

You should receive one, contains the usual date, time stamp, billing and delivery address and an order reference among other details. It would be unusual if you don't get one eventually!

Rhys

Edited by WD0-6-0

As did I. Did anyone else not get a confirmation email? I'm using Hotmail if it makes any difference, and yes I have checked my junk and spam folders...

I got mine pretty well instantly. I don't know whether Locomotion follows this up with a further note on dispatch, which is the practice of some of the commercial retailers.

You should receive one, contains the usual date, time stamp, billing and delivery address and an order reference among other details. It would be unusual if you don't get one eventually!

Rhys

Still nothing. I left a voicemail pretty much as soon as I placed the order, but I haven't heard back. I'm sure all is OK as I've ordered from Locomotion several times; just a bit irritating that emails don't seem to come through.

• RMweb Premium

Still nothing. I left a voicemail pretty much as soon as I placed the order, but I haven't heard back. I'm sure all is OK as I've ordered from Locomotion several times; just a bit irritating that emails don't seem to come through.

Has the money been taken from your account?

I see it still has the Incorrect bufferbeam numbering. Does it have a 2nd bogie frame again? Hopefully without NEM pocket

Yep, still got the numbers, I'm wondering whether I remove them but I don't have a matching red in case I mess it up!

There is still a second bogie frame but both have NEM pockets,two minutes with pair of flushcut snips and a file and all it left was an unobtrusive black mark hidden behind the coupling.

post-18430-0-19239800-1540130061_thumb.jpg

Rhys

I see City of Truro has a price now - £149.00.

I've ordered the earlier version - ie, 3440 - as I believe that is a better representative of how it was when it did the infamous 100mph run. Is that thoery correct?

Also, what stock would CoT have run with? Clerestory coaches and the odd 'Western Night Mail' coach?

CoT looked a little different in 1904 to what it does nowadays: no frame strengthener plates, no top feed, wooden cab roof, original small tapered chimney, flush-riveted smokebox, and no numbering on the bufferbeam. Frames were indian red rather than the bauxite red used in the 1960 restoration and as featured in the Locomotion model. Its tender in 1904 had coal rails rather than fenders.

CoT's 1904 train was a couple of L-diagram postal sorting vans and three 40' PBVs, probably K15s, one of which was detached at Pylle Hill box (for onward transmission northwards on the MR).

Edited by Miss Prism

• RMweb Premium

Yep, still got the numbers, I'm wondering whether I remove them but I don't have a matching red in case I mess it up!

There is still a second bogie frame but both have NEM pockets,two minutes with pair of flushcut snips and a file and all it left was an unobtrusive black mark hidden behind the coupling.

20181021_145128.jpg

Rhys

I’ve found that in the past I’ve been able to remove Bachmann printed numbers with nothing more than the pointy end of a toothpick. Would save the need for a repaint if it works on CoT.

I’m just going to go out on a limb and say the email from UPS quantum looking for me to pay import taxes on a package shipped from the National Railway Museum means that my red framed Truro coming to Canada was shipped last week and has made it across the Atlantic at least.

Stephen

I’m just going to go out on a limb and say the email from UPS quantum looking for me to pay import taxes on a package shipped from the National Railway Museum means that my red framed Truro coming to Canada was shipped last week and has made it across the Atlantic at least.

Stephen

It did indeed arrive safe and sound yesterday. Haven’t had a chance to get it out of the box to test run, that’s on tonight’s agenda.

I’ve clearly missed it somewhere, but why is there a second front bogie included?

Once I get details and etched plates installed, I’ll post some pictures.

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

It did indeed arrive safe and sound yesterday. Haven’t had a chance to get it out of the box to test run, that’s on tonight’s agenda.

I’ve clearly missed it somewhere, but why is there a second front bogie included?

Once I get details and etched plates installed, I’ll post some pictures.

Stephen

The second bogie frame is so that you can remove the NEM coupler pocket from one if you want to but still have the option there if you need it.

• RMweb Premium

City of Truro arrived here in New Zealand today. Very nice model. Lots of detail to fit later today and the etched name, number, builder, and tender plates are a nice inclusion. Was there supposed to be a certificate or not with this one?

City of Truro arrived here in New Zealand today. Very nice model. Lots of detail to fit later today and the etched name, number, builder, and tender plates are a nice inclusion. Was there supposed to be a certificate or not with this one?

And in South Australia. I assume that the tooling is as the earlier one.  Very nice even so. :senile:  :locomotive:

• 3 weeks later...

Reserved a red framed Truro in April 2017 and paid for one when notified on 21/10/2018. Has it yet arrived? Err... No.

I guess the comms, shipping and general level of service that people have suffered from with the Sterling Single is genuinely symptomatic of the whole Locomotion operation.

£150 debited from my account 3 weeks ago and complete radio silence (save for a order confirmation email) since. Not good enough. 

CoY

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Yes - My Sterling single had an issue and was returned to Simon for clarification / rectification. In the mean time Locomotion sent me another model but it was not Sound fitted and am still waiting for Locomotion to confirm when the original and fixed model is going to be returned and the extra one returned. 

It is a pitty the logistics have been an issue because it is a fantastic model but it is a lot of money to have these issues - and not only that it must be costing a lot for locomotion to resolve and I'd prefer them to be investing in new models 8^)

I ordered City of Truro when it was first announced. APC delivered it the week it was released but put the wrong item number on the delivery slip so I couldn't rearrange a delivery. APC say they sent it back to Locomotion but I can't contact them to confirm. They don't answer the phone, return messages, reply to emails or contact via RMWeb. I have to say I am throughly disappointed with Locomotion's customer service.

• RMweb Gold

I ordered City of Truro when it was first announced. APC delivered it the week it was released but put the wrong item number on the delivery slip so I couldn't rearrange a delivery. APC say they sent it back to Locomotion but I can't contact them to confirm. They don't answer the phone, return messages, reply to emails or contact via RMWeb. I have to say I am throughly disappointed with Locomotion's customer service.

Where is Sandra..........she is needed back!!!!

Perhaps the announcement of a new Retail & Business Enterprise Manager will help address these issues (note he doesn't start until Dec. 3rd).

But in other news, in partnership with Accurascale and Rails of Sheffield, Locomotion is offering special versions of a new Deltic model

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/139754-deltic-models-to-be-produced-for-locomotionmodels-rails-limited-and-deltic-preservation-society/

• Like 1