Hypothetical question

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I fancy getting a Graham Farish Class 08 to run on my Ais Gill layout but as they were as rare as hens teeth on the S&C, I'm wondering if one could have been possibly used on a engineers train and recessed in one of the refuge siding or would they have used a mainline loco?

Julian Sprott

• RMweb Gold

You don't have time to ponder about gronks on the Slow & Casual......not with all that track to assemble for Aylesbury...

That will only happen when I finally manage to get to a club meeting which will hopefully start at the beginning of next month.  Haven't the others in the group started on it or been too busy popping out sprogs, falling off motorbikes etc?

Julian Sprott

• RMweb Premium

Cant remember where but im sure ive seen an old 1960s photo of a 08 shunter on an engineers train somewhere on the S&C.

There's something that looks 08ish on an engineers train at Stainforth in "Stations & Structures on the Settler & Carlisle Railway", could that be it? Dated 1955. It would be a surprise if they've ventured further into the wilds than that.

There's something that looks 08ish on an engineers train at Stainforth in "Stations & Structures on the Settler & Carlisle Railway", could that be it? Dated 1955. It would be a surprise if they've ventured further into the wilds than that.

This is the only photo I've seen of an 08 working on the line.

Stations and Structures gives the date as April 1955, Steam Over the Roof of England has the same photo dated 25th August 1957.

Alan

Archived