CARROG in 4mm & Ruabon discussion...

coachmann

A much neater switch diagram by my good friend PGH arrived by email this morning. I made a wee alteration to include the catch point before printing it to the required size on photo-glossy paper. Thanks Phil....

attachicon.gifWEB Switch diagram PGH.jpg

DCC Concepts have a word document somewhere on their website full of component drawings to make up a traditional signalbox diagram.

Excellent work on the bridge Larry ...you know for someone that's not 'into' buildings your a bit of a dark horse Sir !!! 

Martins right, I can see a WHOLE NEW CAREER for you in retirement Larry, hahah, Buildingsman ?????? :no:  :sungum: 

Edited by Andrew P

Thanks for being kind enough ot provide a link, but I am afraid it is too late for me now.  I just don't fancy undoing the old point switch diagram.

Thanks Gismo, but railway modelling to me is also tackling the "necessary evils"...   :biggrin_mini2:     Ask PGH of this forum; He gets an ear full of my grumbling down the phone especially when he mentions the non-existent Down platform, which i don't want to think about at the moment. Fortunately, one necessary evil I can farm out is the installation of sound decoders.....

The down platform does  have it's challenges in the form of the building I would grant you that Larry but compared to the station building that you have modelled to a very high standard I think it will be a 'breeze' .... just wandering as to whether the Bachmann suburban station building could be adapted.... I have one for Chumley End and will have a look at it next time I'm in the shed.  

Excellent progress Coachman, as mentioned before the main station building is superb.

Now as for the other platform's building, maybe the original  Dapol (Airfix) CO14 Booking Hall kit would make a good starting point for it?

post-14906-0-38702100-1500156909_thumb.jpg

Obviously some adjustments need to be made, but about the correct size if my perception is not mistaken.

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 3

Fortunately, one necessary evil I can farm out is the installation of sound decoders.....

So down at the "farm" something "evil" (but necessary !) is happening - fitting a Hornby Grange for DCC sound.

The instructions were to fit it with a large bass reflex speaker in the tender rather than the small circular speaker its designed to take.  This meant removing as much as possible inside the tender including one of the two posts which fix the body to the chassis.

post-14569-0-44755700-1500227554.jpg

Underside view of the tender body as amended - all the coal space below the top plate was removed and the top plate cut back.

post-14569-0-69145400-1500227561.jpg

post-14569-0-31690100-1500227571.jpg

The top of the tender chassis was cleared down to footplate level.

post-14569-0-87025600-1500227580.jpg

The completed installation - the Zimo MX645 decoder was sited as far back as possible so the two capacitors would be under the highest part of the coal load.  All items were located on double sided self adhesive foam pads.

No doubt a video of the loco in action at Carrog will appear here before too long (or should I hang on to it until he completes that down platform  :scratchhead:

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Here's five minutes of a moment in time back in the 1950's, but don't ask me why the Western Region was using a 4F on the local goods. It had let them down anyway just after passing Corwen and was under the feet of the Up local passenger, so control decided to put it inside at Carrog. The distant whistle of the 64XX can just be heard as the driver impatiently waits for the home signal to clear. Then a bee decides to investigate!  An Oxford Dean Goods will replace the 4F in due course....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr42Pg6oJbU&feature=youtu.be

PS: For those who don't like DCC, turn the sound off and pretend you can hear electric motors.... :whistle:

The Signalman's Form 1 *(breach of the Block Regulations) is in the post ;) :jester:

The Signalman's Form 1 *(breach of the Block Regulations) is in the post ;) :jester:

Mike,

I know less than b*gg*r all about block regulations so am curious to know what the breach was :yes: :yes:

Larry - lovely stuff please keep it coming!

Many thanks,

Dave

Nothing to shout home about today, but at least a barrow crossing has been added.  Looks like some paint was rubbed off the arch while I was scrubbing the stonework this morning to lighten it ....   :blush:

post-6680-0-66505400-1500399024_thumb.jpg

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 17