CARROG in 4mm & Ruabon discussion...

coachmann

Without going into detail, I will simply say I have deleted all my references to 0 gauge. Carrog will remain 4mm scale/00 gauge.

Lots of guts to admit that your staying OO Larry, but TBH probably the right move, with the Stock you have and such a superb Layout.

Now I'm looking forward to the Spring and Sunny weather to see you back in the Shed with some more superb Videos.

Without going into detail, I will simply say I have deleted all my references to 0 gauge. Carrog will remain 4mm scale/00 gauge.

Larry,

I don't think that I will be the only one - by a long margin - to be relieved that Carrog (OO) will survive, presumably under your stewardship? Your reasons are your own - and are of little consequence to us Carrog aficionados.

Your regular impulse to move your focus contrasts strikingly with my mental inability to divert my energies from stock building to loft conversion / baseboard-building / tracklaying / electrics / scenery.

I am opening my own thread, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129174-evercreech-junction-1961/ , for for my long-gestated 'Evercreech Junction 1961' - which I hope may inspire me to 'bite the bullet'.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2

I would echo others thoughts regarding the Carrog layout staying in 4mm it would have surely have been a shame to undo the wonderful work that you have started. I do understand the dilemma that you have faced over this move and there is only one person who can make the decision as to which way to go. I like others look forward to the warmer spring weather to see the project move onto the next stage ...all the best for Christmas  :sungum:

• Like 1

Interesting fold-up ends, Coach. At least it allows one to get them in the correct place and so the sides no doubt fit perfectly over them.

My coaches have always had this design feature, in fact I designed the lot to suit my building methods. No tongue and slots; just plain simple soldering with a well-burned finger and thumb.

Nothing is standard on GWR coach underframes! 

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 4

Parts for a new GWR 1930's Collett corridor coach to D124 have been fettled in case any spare time presents itself over the Xmas break...

attachicon.gifWEB GWR D124 1.jpg

Larry,

Having seen your workrate on this thread by Boxing Day I would not be surprised to see pictures of this coach fully assembled, painted and in operational condition :) :) :yes: :yes:

Merry Christmas,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

With no Sunday services, the line was treated as one block section and a coach was removed from the sidings at Corwen by Pannier 4617 to take a party of snow removers along the line to Llangollen...

Wow! Would such a thing be even possible with DC?

• Like 8

Thank you for your Christmas wishes everyone, and may I reciprocate. 

Yes Captain, it worked alright on DCC. That Bachmann 57XX never stalls since I packed the keeper plate to allow the middle driving axle to drop. Mind you, the final snowdrift halted it but it still whistled!

The D124 coach will be built for myself one day.

• Like 6

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Your Family Larry.

I'm looking forward to your 2018 exploits.

Thanks Andy. As for 2018 exploits, we will have to see.

May I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas and New Year. 

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

Larry,

Re Post #1594

....That Bachmann 57XX never stalls since I packed the keeper plate to allow the middle driving axle to drop. Mind you, the final snowdrift halted it but it still whistled!

Dumb question dept here. Why does that let only the middle axle drop and by how much did you pack the keeper plate?

Colin

PS glad you're keeping OO Carrog going.

Edited by BWsTrains

Larry,

Re Post #1594
....That Bachmann 57XX never stalls since I packed the keeper plate to allow the middle driving axle to drop. Mind you, the final snowdrift halted it but it still whistled!

Dumb question dept here. Why does that let only the middle axle drop and by how much did you pack the keeper plate?

Colin

PS glad you're keeping OO Carrog going.

Like the Bachmann Junty, the middle axle on the 57XX chassis has a coil string bearing down on it. However, this is negated by the keeper plate which keeps all the wheels on line. I partially undid the keeper plate screws and slipped two pieces of 20thou plastikard between the plate and the cast chassis close to the middle axle before re tightening the screws. This allows the middle axle to drop below the outer axles and keeps the six wheels in electrical contact with the rails.

All the very best to you and yours for the Christmas holiday Coachman, I'll look forward to 2018 on your thread no matter what you decide to do, as it will always be inspirational.

Jinty ;)

Merry Christmas from me as well Larry - may 2018 bring all the happiness ( and pressies!) you would desire!

Thanks both. And may I wish you both a very Happy Christmas and a Succesful New Year.

• Like 1