CARROG in 4mm & Ruabon discussion...

coachmann

Merry Christmas Larry - I look forward to a bullhead Carrog emerging soon.

I think you'll find it's only 4 Points to change to BH, and then lay Bascot Yard to the Field on the right,  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no: hahhhhaeee HO HO HO :scared: noooo don't mention HO

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Shortly after daybreak on Christmas morning, a Leyland TD5 on private hire passes Carrog railway station while taking nurses to work at the local hospitals..... 

attachicon.gifWEB Carrog Xmas bus.jpg

Are you sure it's not taking them back to the Nurses' Home after their Christmas Eve knees-up?

All the best.

Shortly after daybreak on Christmas morning, a Leyland TD5 on private hire passes Carrog railway station while taking nurses to work at the local hospitals..... 

attachicon.gifWEB Carrog Xmas bus.jpg

Is that an Oldham Corporation bus sneaking in by any chance? Probably turned left instead of right at Featherstall Road South!

Happy New Year.

Is that an Oldham Corporation bus sneaking in by any chance? Probably turned left instead of right at Featherstall Road South!

Happy New Year.

And a Happy New Year to you Dave. I hope we get to eat lunch in a warm sunny garden again in 2018. Yes, it's an ex. Oldham Corporation Leyland bodied TD5. Are you still active on the Delph (Holt) terminus?  

A very rushed Happy New Year, to you and Mary, Larry. We have been staying with our youngest son and his family and, of course, his O gauge railway.

The whole family congregated there on Boxing Day for a second Christmas dinner. There were fifteen of us plus a dog, so things were pretty lively.

Daughter brought us home with her brood and stayed until today. Now, at last, I can get back to some modelling.

So, I hope 2018 is a good one for you, I am not sorry to see the back of 2017, so the new year has got to be an improvement, I hope!!

Derek

• Like 1

And a Happy New Year to you Dave. I hope we get to eat lunch in a warm sunny garden again in 2018. Yes, it's an ex. Oldham Corporation Leyland bodied TD5. Are you still active on the Delph (Holt) terminus?  

Hi Larry.

Mmmm. Lunch in a warm sunny garden sounds very appealing but a distant prospect with the snow only just melted, here.

Regarding Delph/Holt, I'm still plodding along, mainly working on locos with the layout not really progressing. I still make occasional entries in my RMweb blog. Next year, I really intend to get the garage cleared and converted into a model railway room so I can have the layout up permanently and also get on with the messy aspects of scenic work. Can't really do that sort of stuff in the lounge, can I?

Best wishes,

Dave.

• Like 2

A very rushed Happy New Year, to you and Mary, Larry. We have been staying with our youngest son and his family and, of course, his O gauge railway.

The whole family congregated there on Boxing Day for a second Christmas dinner. There were fifteen of us plus a dog, so things were pretty lively.

Daughter brought us home with her brood and stayed until today. Now, at last, I can get back to some modelling.

So, I hope 2018 is a good one for you, I am not sorry to see the back of 2017, so the new year has got to be an improvement, I hope!!

Derek

It sounds like you are soundly recovered now Derek so I am glad you and Olga were able to enjoy a good Christmas. You were obviously well insulated from the 0 gauge bug, otherwise you would be at home now ripping things up haha. Like you, we are glad to see the back of 2017, a year and a Christmas from hell for Mary.  All the very best to you both for 2018.

Larry

Coach, is that coach brass or nickel silver? It looks like n/s on my tablet.

It is brass. I took it out to the shed when it was almost dusk and so the long exposure has probably had an affect, plus the image was lightened in the grey areas to deliver more detail in the bogies. It will probably pass through the sprayshop tomorrow in between a lot of other pulls on my time at the moment.

• Like 4

The end of Carrog in 00 was on the cards last November, but there was an unwelcome intervention and I have needed to concentrate on far more important issues for the past two months. Everything except the layout has been sold.  

Thanks for your support over the past year. 

• Like 1