A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

A slice of 'Mutton'. More Sheep Tales. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all. 

To bring things up to speed.......

Mutton currently resides in the attic. I need to have a good look at it as I fear there may some issues that needs addressing. 

Mutton has been there since its appearance at Taunton Railex roughly a year ago. It looks like some of the scenic treatment, in particular the ash used to cover the goods yard has suffered. 

Therefore a spot of assessment and refurbished is required. 

All in all, 2019 was quite a year for Mutton with two articles, one in Model Rail (April) and  the other in BRM. (July)....Oh and a bit of bling as well. 

Top is at the Minehead show in August and bottom is Taunton Railex. 

Rob. 

969543922_received_474552640009552(1).jpeg.f21db0aa9af2012c6b7d949fc46085c9.jpeg

2019 Mutton Trophy.jpg.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I shall update with both the issues and the subsequent treatment. 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, shropshirelad said:

Could I ask are the peco points medium or small radius

Afternoon, Shroppers. 

The points are Code 75 small radius. They save a bit of space, just enough to fit everything in. I'm sure they  present a bit of a challenge for the Radials but seem to work just  fine. 

Your question prompts me to perhaps revisit Mutton which is currently lying dormant in the attic. 

Trainsets need to be run.........

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Thanks for the info re the Peco points. At present have a branch line terminus depicting Clun (the only town in Shropshire never having a railway) Basically a BR(W) layout, cos that is what I was brought up on. However getting bored with it and Mutton just might give me an inspiration to model something similar based on Furzebrook on the Swanage branch....M7's, 700's and N class moguls. My first layout was based on Swanage (Knollsea) and got rid of 15 years ago. Was really into SR locos and wish I had kept some of them. Always fancied a small through station such as Mutton and have enjoyed looking at your layout pages.

• Thanks 1