TALES FROM MY WORKBENCH OF DOOM

Well I have learnt something today, never put anything away in a safe place as you will never find them again, I know as I cant find the name plates I had for my Jubilee's.

I suppose the good thing to come out of it was that I reviewed the current members of the fleet and currently have  the following examples.

5570 New Zealand
5572 Eire
5643 Rodney
5682 Trafalgar
5690 Leander
5688 Polyphemus
5693 Agamemnon
5699 Galatea
5710 Irresistible (Inspired by the Domestic Overlord)

Thanks to a little help from the DO the remaining three Jubes on the workbench have had identities chosen and are now numbered as

5641 Sandwhich
5702 Colossus
5730 Ocean

So that means if I ever get around to finishing them I will have twelve Jubilee's in the fleet which is more than enough for me :) Honest 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is with great sadness that this blog will go have to go on in our minds and hearts ♥️ 

Trying to put it into Paul’s words and humour. How would he have put it?  I think anyone who read his blogs will know how he would have written it. So have a read of his blogs and laugh with him.

Paul died suddenly on Wednesday 24th April  2019. A giant of a man with an even bigger heart. Taken far too young. What is that they say about the good guys?

The tales he he would tell had me aching with pain. Picture a six feet seven bearded huge male asking the salesman in Curry’s to show him how good the light was on a new Hoover he was buying. Even asking if the shop lights could be turned off to see how good the light was. All the while as the young guy is pushing the hoover back and forth with no recognition of Paul humming Freddy  Mercury’s I want to break free. 

RIP Paul. Forever in our hearts. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

Oh no! I've never met Paul but we spoke (and bantered) on the forums regularly and he had been a great friend when I was going through some low points. I had hoped that this year would be the year when we finally met up but sadly now, not to be.

Take care Paul, I hope that you've found a massive LMS layout up there.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

This is very sad news. Paul came across as a great man, and, being a lover of Jubilees, a man with great taste.

Condolences to all who knew Paul

Baz

• Like 1