• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I see what you're getting at, but this is the kind of thing that I just couldn't contemplate! It would just worry away at me. No, sorry, just can't get my mind round that one!

I know that Chris Lammacraft only put valve gear on one side of one of his 45XXs for use on his EM gauge layout 'Ashburton' many years ago, on the premise that the loco would only ever be seen on one side, but that kind of bothered me as well!

Did you also not say earlier that the locos would always work the same orientation up the branch (boiler first) ?

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

Did you also not say earlier that the locos would always work the same orientation up the branch (boiler first) ?

That's quite enough of that, thank you.

No one likes a clever dick! :P

• Like 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AdeMoore said:

Like the dogfish there too, presumably Cambrian?

Actually they are factory-weathered Heljan models! They were delivered by postie this morning, after I ordered them yesterday just before tea time, amazing service from Kernow Model Rail Centre. They are to be converted to P4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm attracted to this layout for a number of reasons.

1 Superb workmanship.

2 My wife comes from Presteigne.

3 As a regular traveller along the A44 east of Rhayader, I have long felt that there ought to have been a railway through that terrain, so your "might have been " scheme really chimes with me.

Keep up the good work!

Terry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Nice to see a Mobil tank wagon, will you be getting the newly released Oxford Rail version which I believe is a smaller type.

Wasn't aware of this item but I will certainly consider it, thanks for the tip.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Forest of Dean Cameo layout...........mmmmmm

Well, it's kind of in existence already. It's certainly been 'in the planning' for a very long time.

It's going to be a take on Travellers Rest, which was the first block post immediately north of Parkend, only 1/4 of a mile in fact. It formed one end of the yard which is perhaps more properly known as Coleford Junction.

There was also a colliery branch from Travellers Rest (name taken from adjacent pub) up to Parkend Royal Colliery, which closed far too early in my opinion.

It won't be very big, max 5' long. The baseboard framework and all the pointwork were build several years ago, when I had a temporary loss of mojo for Callow Lane.

It's not going to happen immediately, though, because I am still going to finish Callow Lane first!

Edited by Captain Kernow
Macaroons
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 5