• RMweb Gold

That, CK, sounds very much like a plan. 

Once that's sorted, we can move on to a small industrial slice of something, somewhere.......

Rob.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

It's not going to happen immediately, though, because I am still going to finish Callow Lane first!

Edited 2 hours ago by Captain Kernow
Macaroons

Maybe a soak in the bath before that too ?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

All three were built from the Cotswold (Sutherland) whitemetal kit.

It's a good kit, isn't it. My 1664 was built from the same kit, albeit with a Nu-Cast label, about 40 years ago. It has an Airfix MW005 motor and was weatehred for me at the 1981 Leeds show by the late Paul Fletcher.

832880854_20161130001WR16xx0-6-0PT1664.JPG.f563881f37e1428cc5e71900f1ffa925.JPG

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Neil said:

Excellent photos, but I wondered what the plural of grampus was? Are they like sheep where you can have a sheep or several sheep? Should it be grampi? According to one internet source their marine namesake in plural form should be grampuses; I rather like that.

Grampae.

• Like 3

Guest Jack Benson
On 09/05/2017 at 17:13, Captain Kernow said:

post-57-0-51326700-1494346409_thumb.jpg

Bethesda Sidings is slightly longer (but not by much, at 4' or 4' 6" - yet to make my mind up but probably 4' 6"), I think it will be OK.

Hi, may I ask what are the final dimensions including the fiddle yard?

And, are the boards an adaption of a proprietary product, they look wonderful

Thank you and Stay safe 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jack,

The main scenic board is 4' 6" x 16", with the fiddle yard adding another 2' 6" in length.

The boards are actually my own design and were cut (with millimetre precision) by the late, much lamented TimberCut in Marsh Barton, Exeter (closed in early 2020, sadly).

That is, all except the front fascia, which was laser cut to my dimensions by Tim Horn, a little after I had assembled the main boards.

The only reason I didn't go with Tim Horn boards throughout from the outset, was the fact that you cannot remove the backscene boards with his, or you couldn't at the time and I wanted to be able to work on the layout from both sides.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 6

• Captain Kernow changed the title to Bethesda Sidings - Western Region in rural Mid-Wales
52 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

When visiting Capel Bethesda with Ivor Petersfield in May 1961, Dick Wolsley climbed to the top of a lamp standard to obtain this rather precarious view of 1628 simmering outside the shunters cabin:

20210205_121039_a.jpg.22e7a1efcaa26edb2b6f71756ba249b0.jpg

Copying the precedent set by a certain "Ben Ashtree"  at Kerne Bridge ?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

When visiting Capel Bethesda with Ivor Petersfield in May 1961, Dick Wolsley climbed to the top of a lamp standard to obtain this rather precarious view of 1628 simmering outside the shunters cabin:

20210205_121039_a.jpg.22e7a1efcaa26edb2b6f71756ba249b0.jpg

Norman Lockhart missed this. He was tucking into a full English at the  Blodwyn Arms. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4