• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, jazzer said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but what track colour did you use ? It looks dead good to me .

Thanks Jazzer.

The track (bog standard C&L flexitrack and copper-clad points) was first sprayed with Halfords red oxide primer and then Railmatch 'Track Dirt'.

Individual sleepers and rail sides were then painted with a variety of browns and greys (all enamels).

The ballast is mostly Woodland Scenics or Carrs, all of it '2mm scale' stuff and a mix of shades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This afternoon, by virtue of a combination of some sunshine and the heater being switched on in the shed, I managed to spray a few things for the layout, namely the loading gauge, the weighbridge, the cosmetic point levers and a couple of warning signs.

The way is now clearing for the weighbridge and associated office to be bedded into the layout and the ground surface applied around it. After that, I hope to start going green.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2019 at 17:19, colin penfold said:

You did well not to get paint on that white paper CK :D

The spray, this way, lands mainly on my fingers!

I can remember the good old days when Springside used to do shows ( they might still do) and you could buy all sorts of useful whitemetal wheels, tyres, lorry bits, oil drums, barrels etc from 10p a pop!

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Neil said:

Nice to see the green stuff growing over the layout CK. The simple card former technique for hedges can work well for trees too.

Thanks Neil, that's a useful reminder re the 'low relief' trees.

I do have something similar in mind, in fact, as there are going to be trees on both sides of the line, behind the small girder overbridge.

At the moment, though, I've been working on various small detail bits and pieces.