1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I can see that a lot of wisdom has been exchanged on this thread this morning.

I doubt that I can really add much to that.

Chris - I will provisionally and on a temporarily impermanent basis, consider the possible reinstatement of your name of the list of semi-urgent actions accorded to one of the Assistant Deputy Chief Supervisors, with regards to his (or her) next meeting, whereby he (or she) will chair a discussion on the composition of the Christmas Card List.

I thought you were sending out parsnips again this year CK?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Indeed.

In the meantime, someone has either attached a camera to his balsa wood glider or has climbed a tree in the style of Ben Ashworth:

20191201_151812.jpg.1dfde0d3dd98b709619f7f923591c9f6.jpg

Morning CK. 

That is simply delightful. How very nice indeed.

Rob. 

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

A lovely scene Tim and those steps and handrail are rather splendid. Can you describe how you made them please.

Thanks Robin.

The handrail consists of three pieces of 0.4mm brass wire, soldered together at the angles shown, with the two vertical pieces then glued into two corresponding holes in the baseboard. The handrail was painted (track colour type brown) before being planted.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks Robin.

The handrail consists of three pieces of 0.4mm brass wire, soldered together at the angles shown, with the two vertical pieces then glued into two corresponding holes in the baseboard. The handrail was painted (track colour type brown) before being planted.

I was thinking more about the steps please.;)

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I was thinking more about the steps please.;)

Oh, sorry!

The steps are plasticard, with stonework scribed on them. I should reiterate what I said at the beginning of this thread, that the goods shed was not built by me, but by Paul Iliff (who built layouts like 'Evenstow'). He sold a lot of 4mm items when he went up to 7mm scale a few years ago.

As such, the steps have been 'extended' by me, as the originals weren't tall enough to reach the goods shed office door! My 'extension' is largely (deliberately) hidden by the foliage, but was also made of plasticard and an attempt made to vaguely match the stone colour.

Edited by Captain Kernow
Typo.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

34 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

and an attempt made to vaguely match the stone colour

If that's a "vague attempt" then you have certainly achieved it to my eyes. Very good match to Pauls work.

G

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks Robin.

:good: