• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Re6/6 said:

It is understood that one of these could well be making an appearance.

219229206_DapolRailcar.jpg.459a53da0bec97d46171a8c20cbe7e6b.jpg

Nothing has happened yet. Nothing has been done.

It's still not too late to step away from the credit card.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Edwardian said:

20191117_152834.jpg.c6bb43e7b912688389ab409db9048c14.jpg.924770f2a47a742c3400f7b3abeb1995.jpg

I thought "you could hawk that installation to the Tate Modern for a few tens of thousand" 

That's art, Darling. Abstract but still art. 

20191117_152834.jpg.c6bb43e7b912688389ab409db9048c14.jpg.924770f2a47a742c3400f7b3abeb1995.jpg.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Captain, you have your pride and joy balanced on a cardboard box :unsure:

Well, it's a remarkably stable cardboard box and very heavy too, sitting on top of a small filing cabinet. If Mr Regularity should read this post, he will at least know that I still have the lathe that he sold me several years ago, even if I haven't been brave enough to use it yet.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Been fitting the fascia to the layout. The fascia is a superb bit of precision laser cutting by Tim Horn, to whom I am very grateful:

20200128_155833.jpg.016f97a813759caa9beea831b590ff08.jpg

I'm very taken with the hooks to the bottom right from which to  hang one's bag of pasties from. 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I'm very taken with the hooks to the bottom right from which to  hang one's bag of pasties from. 

Rob. 

On current form I expect its actually a mounting point for a heated holding tray (pasty version)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5

• 2 weeks later...

Good Captain, you are a bad influence, :spiteful: this is such a stunningly picturesque Layout, and yet so simple.

I tried that format with Privett Green, but it was not satisfying to me, but I can't stop looking at this.

I always get carried away and want a fleet of BIG Locos, and Wagons etc and then it all goes wrong.

Yourself and Rob / NHY***? (Who seems to have defected to the West:unsure:) seem to make simple, an Art form and gives so much pleasure to me at least.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Well, apart from 'Rule 1', the Vale of Radnor Light Railway (a member of the Association of Independent Light Railways) is given running powers from the junction at Capel Bethesda, into the goods yard, for the exchange of traffic between the light railway and the B.R. system.

Normally based in Somerset on the South Polden Light Railway (another member of the Association), this small Black Hawthorn 0-4-0ST was loaned to the VoRLR for a few weeks to cover an unexpected shortage of motive power and is seen here in the B.R. yard at Bethesda Sidings:

As has been said previously, "of course it was"!:lol:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1