• RMweb Gold

Hi Captain,

Looking forward to watching the progress on this one and has now got me thinking about doing one my self.

Ever thought about writing a book on the ways of making historical guff fact making for us mere mortals ;)

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Well, I'm very pleased to say that I now have a kit of parts for the main scenic baseboard, plus that for the fiddle yard, precision-cut to the millimetre for me by TimberCut of Marsh Barton, Exeter:

attachicon.gif20180427_091041.jpg

I do like the pattern on the fiddle yard. Reminds me of the work of Roger the Flatulent, 12th Century monk who lived the life of a hermit in the hills above Rhayader.

His illustrations were said to be the product of hallucinations resulting from his consumption of distilled cabbage water.

Rob.

post-14122-0-73995100-1524921581.jpg

• RMweb Gold

In preparation for today's extravaganza, myself & No.1 son travelled the WSR yesterday.

At Minehead we picked up a couple of old RM magazines, to browse on the the way back to BL.

Imagine my surprise to see a name-check for a Tim Maddocks & 'Engine Wood' in one of the April 2012 articles.

The man is obviously a legend.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but will it be precision assembled to the millimetre?

It will, but which mm is a closely guarded local secret. There's also a small pasty laser cut into the woodwork of this fine furniture ;)

• RMweb Gold

Today I have been mostly gluing bits of baseboard and cutting lots of large round holes in the bits that go under the board.

Bloody good show, CK!

post-14122-0-02430200-1525203107.jpg

• RMweb Gold

A bit more gluing and fixing, I'm not rushing this like wot I usually do (and end up paying the price with further, unplanned woodwork bodgery).

post-57-0-38508900-1525273064.jpg

post-57-0-89851200-1525273101_thumb.jpg

Roger's rug is still in evidence. It will have only a limited continuing existence at Kernow Towers, before it is removed to a charity shop or the local tip.

If you wish to form a preservation society to save all or part of Roger's rug, now is the time to form your committee.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

That's assuming you haven't glued said baseboards to the carpet and need it to cover the evidence . . . Pink grass, very Magic Roundabout ;)

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Gluing on the carpet?! I'd be shot, which certainly bypasses the naughty step...

That's the next step. You have to be very naughty, such as modelling the LNER, to be shot

Rob.

Edited by NHY 581

• RMweb Premium

Did you supply those holes? They look like first class holes.

They look like the holes I used. CK must have pinched a few whilst I wasn't looking on Sunday. Will have a quick count up on Pencarrow to see if any are missing.

Will be easy to tell if the holes are mine as I wrote my name on them.