Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

msg-9660-0-29073400-1493214350_thumb.jpg

Limited edition model of 37114 Dunrobin Castle

Mickleover Model Railway Group has commissioned Bachmann to produce an exclusive limited edition OO gauge model of class 37/0 No: 37114 Dunrobin Castle. Depicted in pristine condition, it will carry the ever-popular large logo blue colour scheme complete with the Highland Rail emblems of Inverness depot. The model, of which only 512 are being produced, will be accurate for the period, featuring the correct 37/0 bodyshell, open boiler port, flush boiler roof panel, split headcode boxes and gangway doors. Each locomotive will be supplied with Shawplan Extreme Etchings nameplates and a numbered limited edition certificate.

Other features include:

* 21 pin DCC ready.

* Full head and tail lighting plus cab lights.

* Provision for DCC sound to be fitted.

* Twin flywheel skew-wound five-pole motor.

* Six-axle drive and all wheel pickup.

The anticipated cost of each model is £149.99 plus postage and packing with delivery expected to be in late-2017/early-2018. They will be available on a first come first served basis only, so please either complete the form at the exhbition or visit Mickleover Model Railway Group’s website: www.mmrg.org.uk to declare your interest and secure your model. No deposit is required at this stage, but you will be contacted shortly before the models arrive to arrange payment.

Class 37, No: 37114, was built in English Electric’s Vulcan Foundry in 1962, being outshopped as D6814 and initially allocated to Sheffield Darnall shed. The locomotive had spells at Tinsley, Thornaby and March depots, before reaching Scotland in the 1980s at Eastfield and Inverness. Receiving large logo blue livery in 1984, it was named Dunrobin Castle at Dunrobin on 30th June 1985. In June 1989, it was repainted into Railfreight Distribution’s triple grey sector livery at Doncaster works and reallocated to Eastfield before returning to Tinsley in 1991, continuing to carry the name Dunrobin Castle until March 1993. The locomotive was repainted into engineers dutch livery at Bescot depot in May 1993 prior to being renamed City of Worcester. It later received EW&S maroon and gold colours following privatisation, being then allocated to Old Oak Common, Crewe, Motherwell and, finally Toton depots. Following withdrawal, 37114 was cut up at EMR, Kingsbury, in January 2008.

Decorated sample:

msg-9660-0-06569500-1493906531.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks for those comments - much appreciated

There was hidden clue right at the start of all this as it's our 37th Derby Show.

Thanks to Andy for his help in making the announcement here on RMweb. Our Club website will have ordering details from Monday.

Mike

• Like 2

Bit spooky i selected a 37 in same livery to use as to test some track with yesterday! Where was the orders being taken? I came this morning and found no trace, so spent more time drooling over the realtrack 156 sample and bought some bits from shawplan & went home. Hopefully they'll be some online to buy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for those comments - much appreciated

There was hidden clue right at the start of all this as it's our 37th Derby Show.

Thanks to Andy for his help in making the announcement here on RMweb. Our Club website will have ordering details from Monday.

Mike

Mike

Couldn't make the show due to family issue. Could you update Sunday evening whether there are models left to reserve online on Monday and what time please.

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

I hope there's some left as that's one I'd love to have!

Hi Paul - you do realise it's not Swiss and it's not narrow gauge . . . . ? ?

It seems to have been a popular choice but as things stand at the moment we will have plenty left after the weekend. Check the website on Monday.

Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul - you do realise it's not Swiss and it's not narrow gauge . . . . ? ?

It seems to have been a popular choice but as things stand at the moment we will have plenty left after the weekend. Check the website on Monday.

Mike

Isn't 4ft gauge counted as narrow then?

It's foreign, Scottish ;)

and mountainous, West Highland line!

That matches RhB and HSB quite nicely :)

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

Right, so there we are! The 37th Derby show gets a class 37. Not just any 37, this is an MMRG 37! Haha. 

I'm pleased to report the model went down very well today, with sales as expected. I imagine there will be plenty left by Monday, but anyone who wants one or more of these locos please declare your interest and let us know as soon as possible via the online form on our website www.mmrg.org.uk from Monday onwards. Or feel free to get in touch with myself and I'll happily do it for you. But I must stress, register now if you want one as demand will be higher than usual for this one..and I'm not just saying that. No cash or deposit up front, we'll get in touch when payment is required upon delivery of the models. 

As an aside, by popular request there are now three extra options, but you'll have to get in touch with myself by private message on here, or contact me through my website to arrange it. 

Option 1. Weathering, an extra £25. Done by myself to your spec, a proper job. 

Option 2. DCC sound fitting, an extra £140. Done by myself, using the latest Legomanbiffo Loksound V4 decoder and speaker. 

Option 3. Renumbering/renaming, £ depends on which one, drop me a line and I'll quote you.

If you require any of these three options, get in touch with me directly after registering your interest first, and I will sort it out for you once the locos have arrived with us. 

As always, thanks for your support and help with this project!

Alex Carpenter

Edited by Lochnagar
  • Like 4

Not something I'll buy as it's the wrong scale, and end of the country. And about 40 years too late :D But I do think the large logo 37 is one of the all time nicest looking diesels. Hopefully one will turn up on Dean Park so I can watch it run :)

• Like 1

Isn't 4ft gauge counted as narrow then?

It's foreign, Scottish ;)

and mountainous, West Highland line!

That matches RhB and HSB quite nicely :)

Hey! OO gauge is entirely accurate for the Glasgow Subway! :-)

D